26: this time she went too far on protecting me

Fate

Fate.

Cole had followed Cassie, called the cops, and Feb and Ryder were arrested.

Of course, he wasn't exactly on time was he.

"They keep giving me this fucking blanket" Cole growled lowly walking over to Jack and I.

♥♥♥

"She's not going to make it" Was the last thing I remembered before I was standing by Cassie's bed, bawling my eyes out.

"Maddie, you need to live. Don't turn into someone else after I'm gone or I swear to god I'll haunt your ass" Cassie as usual tried to lighten the mood.

This feeling was the only thing haunting me at the moment and I couldn't quit put my finger on it as it lingered throughout my entire body, leaving me numb on the chair next to Cas.

"Cassie...You can't! " I cried holding her hand as she squeezed mine giving me a small smile.

♥♥♥

She stayed awake most of the time before her body soon gave up and my beautiful best friend was gone.

I remember her last words "Don't forget me Maddie, I love you"

We had the most amazing friendship and I wouldn't trade it for the world, she made me smile and laugh even at the worst of times. She didn't judge me for who I was or what I said. She was mine, my best friend.

She's the one that started the beggining of my life truly,

"Truth Or Dare!" I squealed as my best friend; Cassie asked what we should spend or time doing for the next hour.

She was supposed to be here three hours ago but instead went to go do the nasty with some sophomore. She told her dad she was here and I didn't dare speak the truth when he called and asked.

"Okay...Truth or dare?" Cassie smirked obviously she had a good plan for my dare so that's what I chose. I'm a dangerous girl don't judge.

Cassie chuckled "You should not have chose that Maddie dear"
I scrunched my eyebrows confused and also a bit creeped out by her awkward choice of nickname.

"Alright I dare you to sneak into Jack Winter's house and steal something from his closet" She smirked as my eyes widened in shock. Was she trying to get me killed!?

"No no no nuh-uh never " I replied to her stupid dare. Jack was the schools 'Badboy' if you may. I know how cliche of my school but that's besides the point. He got in bazillions of fights and rode a motorcycle for goodness sake!

"You took the dare now you have to do it. I'll accompany you there and wait out in front. Just pray he's sleeping or else you'll have to use those legs of yours to grab anything and dash out." Cassie had already managed to create this plan. What an evil, evil girl.

"Cassie No!" I replied bluntly. See Jack wasn't just a bad boy he had another perk; being a player. If he saw me in his room, he would most likely get the worst of ideas in that wee brain of his.

"C'mon you promised when we were younger and besides he's so hot why wouldn't you want to rob him?" I laughed shaking my head at her choice of words. Jack had the greenest eyes and shiny brown hair; he was good-looking you must admit but his reputation ruined any chance with girls like me. Or maybe just me...

"Fine" I groaned and rolled my eyes as Cassie beamed at me. Cassie and I had a truce since we were younger that we would always do a dare of any kind. As you can tell I regret that decision completely.

♥♥♥

Jack convinced me to write a speech for her funeral and soon enough it came and I was standing in front of our entire friend group and family.

"I'm Maddison Linden and let me just say Cassie was the brightest person I've ever met in my entire life. I wanted to say a lot of things before she died so  here it goes, Cassie I used to stay up taking to you until three o'clock in the morning and now I can't even say hey." A tear rolled down my cheek " sometimes I text or call you and then I remember no one will answer; I have to remember my best friend is dead and it hurts. It hurts like hell Cas and I just want you to come back. I'm lost, and afraid and you were the only person who was ever always there for me. And I didn't deserve that...I didn't deserve you. Cassie Evans I will never forget you and I will always love you and my only regret was not meeting you sooner."

Jack got up from his chair and came by my side. He rubbed circles onto my back soothingly.

"Cassie always had a sense of humor but she also had this aura where you knew you were safe when you were with her. She was my protector and this time she went to far on protecting me" I sobbed, pulling Jack into a hug most likely soaking his tuxedo.

♥♥♥

We stood outside "Jack?"

"Hmm?" He cooed still holding me.

"I truly madly deeply like you" I said into his chest.

"Cassie would've been happy to hear that cupcake" He smiled kissing my forehead.

♥♥♥

my poor virgin heart