Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Jerome

       I was so bored sitting in a hospital with nothing to do. All the channels on the TV sucked and I didn't have my laptop or anything to play games with, besides my phone, but I didn't really remember my password on there, so I couldn't unlock it.

       This sucks.

       Two people walked into my hospital room, so I looked over and saw my parents. "Hey," Dad said. "How are you?"

       "Better-ish," I said. "This whole amnesia thing sucks. I want to go on my phone, but I guess I changed my password recently because I don't remember it."

       "Don't worry, your memory will come back soon," Mom assured. "As long as you keep resting, it won't be that long for it to come back."

       "Hopefully it's soon," I said. "So....Mae is really married, huh?"

       Mom nodded. "Yeah. Do you still have feelings for her?"

       "Well, I thought I did," I said. "But she's married now and I can't remember the past year and a half. And it sucks, because I do remember us making an agreement that if she moved back to Lachine, we could try dating and she obviously did move back because that's how I moved her, but....I guess she already moved on."

       "Don't worry, you'll find an amazing girl soon," Dad said. "She may not be Mae, but I know she's out there somewhere."

       "Thanks," I said, but something about that sentence felt wrong. I didn't know what exactly, but I felt it.

       "Well, we just wanted to check up on you," Dad said. "We have to go back to the hotel to extend the days of our visit now that you're in the hospital."

       "Okay." They were about to leave, but I stopped them. "Mom? Dad? Mae told me that I moved down here to Miami to get away from you two. Why would I want to?"

       Mom sighed. "We just got into a huge argument and you thought it would be best to start over and move down here."

       "Oh," I said. "What was it about?"

       "It was something stupid," Mom said. "We honestly don't remember it. That's another reason we're down here. We wanted to see if you wanted to come back to Lachine and live with us again."

       "Really?" I asked and they both nodded. "Yeah, okay. Once I get out of the hospital, of course."

       Mom and Dad both smiled. "Okay, we'll come back later once our stay is extended at the hotel."

       Shortly after they left, Mae walked in carrying my laptop. "Please tell me my password is the same," I said. 

       "I think it is," Mae said, setting it on my lap. "I knew you were dying of boredom, so I brought it. I'm going to head to the cafeteria. Nolan and Ryder are there. I just wanted to drop this off first, but then I'll come back."

       "Okay, thanks," I said. Once she left, I opened my laptop and turned it on. I was so happy when the password ended up being the same. I was really bored and now, I can pass time doing something like watching videos.

       Ooh, videos. Sounded fun.

       I connected to the wifi before going to my favorite video website. I've always wanted to be a vlogger on there.

       As soon as I logged on, I saw a few videos pop onto the homepage.

       Under the name of JeromeRoyVlogs.