Chapter 40 | Final Chapter

Chapter 40

Jerome

       After I got home from grocery store, I dropped the bags in the kitchen and put the food that had to be refrigerated in the fridge before heading into my bedroom. Nolan was laying on the bed, looking at something on his phone.

       I flopped onto the bed beside him. "What are you looking at?"

       "Memes."

       "Of course you are."

       Nolan locked his phone and placed it on the nightstand. "Did you get more food?"

       "I did. You hungry?"

       "No. I just wanted to know if you got more food."

       "You make no sense sometimes."

       "I know."

       "I got something for you, by the way," I said, reaching for something laying on the floor. "Tulip helped me make it. It may be a bit cheesy, but I just wanted to remind you how much I love you."

       "Tulip helped you?" Nolan asked. "My little sister who doesn't really like you helped you?"

       "Hey, she does like me," I said. "Your whole family does because I'm an angel."

       "Yeah, sure."

       "They do," I said, handing Nolan the photo album that Tulip helped me put together. "I got a lot of photos of us that we either took together or that was a screenshot from one of my vlogs so if you're ever feeling down or alone, you can always just look through it."

       Nolan smiled softly as he flipped through the photo album, which only made me smile as well. He still rarely smiled, so I was really loving seeing him smile.

       "This is actually amazing," he said. "Cheesy, yes, but amazing." He looked at me, smiling even wider. "Thank you so much for this. I love you, Jerome."

       I smiled back and gave him a kiss. "I love you too. So, I know you said you're not hungry, but I have an idea."

       Nolan furrowed his ideas. "What?"

       I didn't say anything as I got off the bed, then grabbed Nolan's hand and pulled him off the bed as well. I led him to the kitchen before I started grabbing a lot of food and setting in on the counter. "You know what I got when I went grocery stopping?" I asked. "A lot of ice cream flavors and a lot of candy for toppings. We are going to making a gigantic sundae."

       "Well....That does actually make me hungry."

       "I knew it would," I said before grabbing three flavors of ice cream out of the freezer. "I got peanut butter fudge, rocky road, and chocolate cheesecake."

       "Ooh, that's a lot of chocolate," Nolan said. "I love it."

       "And I love you," I said, pulling him closer to me then pressing my lips on his.

       Nolan, however, pulled away from me. "Now as much as I love kissing you, I also love ice cream, so...."

       "That hurts," I said. "But I also love ice cream, so I completely understand."

       I grabbed a large bowl from the cupboard, then Nolan and I began creating a huge ice cream sundae, topped off with whipped cream, chocolate and caramel sauce, and a lot of candy.

       After putting the ice cream back in the freezer, Nolan and I both grabbed a spoon before sitting on the couch with the sundae. I reached for the remote and put on Nolan's favorite movie.

       Ryder and Mae walked through the apartment. Ryder noticed the sundae Nolan and I were eating. "Ooh, can I have some ice cream?" he asked.

       "Nope, this is only for me and Nolan," I said. "Same with all the candy sitting on the counter."

       "What? But we share an apartment together," he said. "We should share food."

        "No way," I said. "I bought that with my own money. You want a sundae? You go buy your own ice cream and toppings."

        "That's lame," Ryder said. "Come on, Nolan, tell your boyfriend to let me have some ice cream."

        "You see, I would, but that means there will be less for me," Nolan said. "So, sorry, but you're going to have to buy you're own ice cream."

       "Wow," Ryder said. "And to think, you were my favorite brother for the longest time. I mean, you still are...."

       "Yeah, nothing you say is going to change my mind," Nolan said.

       "Ryder, it's fine, we'll just buy some later on," Mae said.

       "No, but I'm sad now," Ryder said. "You know what would make me feel better?"

       "Otters."

       "Sorry, but that's not working anymore," Ryder said. "You're going to have to say something else to win an argument against me."

       "Really?"

       "Yeah, really."

       "Baby otters."

       "Aww, baby otters," Ryder gushed. "So cute with their...." He shook his head. "No, you can't do this to me."

       "I just did," Mae said, before pulling out her cell phone. "I want to show you something." She handed him her phone.

       "Aww, they look so cute," Ryder said. "Can we adopt an otter?"

       "What? No," Mae said.

       "Good luck, Mae," I said. "Now he's going to ask to adopt an otter and have a baby."

       "Aww, baby. I want a baby," Ryder said.

       And there it was.

       I swear, he was a little kid.

       Mae sighed and went to the kitchen to get something to eat, same with Ryder.

       "You know, I've noticed how fast you're actually starting to feeling better," I said to Nolan.

       "Yeah, staying here is really helping me," Nolan said. "I don't feel alone most of the time, and I won't have to call you every single time I want to talk to you. Thank you for always being here for me."

       "Well, it's because you're my boyfriend and I love you."

       "I love you too. I always will."

_____________________

Ooh it's done. :O

BUT THEN WE GET THE SECOND BOOK AND I'M GOING TO TRY WRITING THE FIRST CHAPTER FAST. But I have to make the cover. And I'm going to have to wash the dishes in the house. And study for a test. -.-

Stupid school.

I'll update you when the second book is up. Thank you so much for reading about my favorite ship. :D I love you all so much.

-Laeti