Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Jerome

       I was sitting on the couch, watching a movie while eating some popcorn when there was a knock on the door. I was too lazy to get up, so I called for Mae to answer the door.

       Mae sighed and walked out of her bedroom. "I don't get why you can never answer the door."

       "I do," I said. "Only when it's my boo."

       "And how do you know that it's not him?" Mae asked.

       "Because he always tells me when he's coming over to make sure I'm home," I said.

       Mae sighed again and opened the door, and her frown was soon replaced with a smile as she pulled her older sister into a hug. "Elise!" she said. "What are you doing here?"

       "Visiting my little sister," she said. "What else?"

       Ryder walked out of the bedroom, stopping in his tracks as soon as he saw his sister-in-law. "No. No way. Mae, get that demon out of her. She'll ruin the cleansing of this house. We're supposed to be free of demons."

       "Screw you," Elise said, glaring at Ryder.

       "Nah, I got Mae for that."

       "Ryder!" Mae said.

       "What? She's annoying me."

       "Can't you two just get along for once?" Mae asked. "Ryder, she's my sister."

       "Yeah, I'm her sister," Elise said.

       Mae looked at Elise, and I paused the movie in the meantime. Their conversation was way more entertaining than the movie, so I just watched them while I continued eating my popcorn. "And Elise, Ryder's my husband," Mae said. 

       "Yeah, I'm her husband," Ryder said.

       "You two are unbelievable," Mae said. "Ryder, I get along with your siblings, right?"

       "Uh, yeah, because the Princes are awesome," Ryder said.

       "So doesn't that mean you should get along with my sister?" Mae asked. "I have one sibling. You have six. I have to put in a lot more work getting along with your siblings than you do getting along with mine."

       "No."

       "Yeah, Mae, why couldn't you marry someone else?" Elise asked. "Like Jerome? Whatever happened to Jerome?"

       "Uh, Jerome is sitting on the couch," I spoke up, and Elise looked over.

       "Ooh, so you live with them," Elise said. "Is it some elaborate scheme to get Mae to divorce her loser of a husband so you can take his place?"

       "You see, Mae?" Ryder said. "This is why I don't get along with her. She's evil."

       "She's not evil," Mae said.

       "Yeah, don't call me evil," Elise said. "That's rude of you. So, Mae, can you dump Ryder for Jerome? I like Jerome a lot more."

        "Hey, Elise, remember last time you were here?" I asked. "And I told you I had a boyfriend? Yeah, I'm still with him, we're still very much in love, and I am gay so I am unable to acquire any feelings for Mae."

       "Can you turn straight for her?" Elise asked.

       "No. That's not how it works, and my boyfriend is a lot better than Mae."

       "Should I be offended?" Mae asked.

       "Probably," I said, playing the movie again and turning my attention back to it. "It's not your fault. Nolan is just amazing and good-looking and sweet and wonderful and just the best human being on earth."

       "Uh, no, I am," Ryder said. 

       "No way," Elise said. "You're definitely not the best person on earth, worst husband my sister could ever have."

       "At least I'm not the worst sister my wife could ever have," Ryder shot back.

       They kept on arguing, and Mae kept trying to get them to stop so it was impossible for me to concentrate on the movie. I sighed dramatically and turned it off, setting the bowl of popcorn on the coffee table. 

       I stood up and walked to the kitchen counter, grabbing my keys out of a small bowl we placed all our keys in. I then walked to the front door, putting on my shoes as they still argued.

       "Well, it's been fun getting a heading from you two, but I am going to go see Nolan," I said. "Peace."

       I left the apartment and closed the door behind me before walking to the Prince's house. And like always, I didn't knock on the door. I just walked in. They were all so used to it.

       "So, is he moody today, or is he doing good?" I asked Grayson, who was playing with Rose.

       "I think he's doing good today," Grayson said. "He hasn't told anyone to screw off lately and Alan isn't scared to go into his bedroom."

       "Okay, I'm going to head up there," I said, taking off my shoes. I then walked up stairs and to Nolan's room. The door was opened a crack, so I carefully opened it wider to walk in. Alan wasn't in the room, but Nolan was. He was laying on his bed, fast asleep.

       He looked so adorable when he was asleep.

       I closed the door a crack and walked over, climbing onto the bed beside Nolan. The movement ended up waking him up, and he turned on his side to look at me. "What are you doing here?" he asked in a quiet voice.

       "Well, Elise is visiting, and she and Ryder can't stop arguing," I said. "I was getting a headache, so I thought I'd come hang out with you. You tired"

       "Always," Nolan said. "I still can't sleep at night and when I do, it's not enough hours. I find it easier to fall asleep during the day."

       "Then we shall nap together," I said, pulling him closer to me and he rested his head on my chest. "I'm sorry it's hard for you to fall asleep."

       Nolan sighed. "It's normal. It's the medication. I hate it, but it has been mainly working so far. I just have to get used to it. At least I have you."

       "You'll always have me," I said. "And if you need someone to talk to at night, you can always call me. I won't mind sacrificing my sleep to make sure you're okay."

       "Really?" Nolan asked. "Even if it's, like, two in the morning."

       "Really," I said. "You're more important to me."

       Nolan smiled softly. "This is why I love you."

       "Yeah, I love you too," I said.

_________________

Jerlannnnnnnnnnnnnnn. cx

(you want them to have a second book, i want them to have a second book, so they shall have a second book) I'm really going to love the second book and I already have a lot of ideas for it. :D

So this book will either end on chapter 45 or 50, most likely 50.