Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Nolan

       "You really need a better set up," I said to Jerome as he placed his camera on the tripod. He really did need a better set-up. Whenever I watched his videos, I found it so boring just staring at the bland walls behind him.

       "Yes, because I totally can afford one," Jerome said. "My subscribers don't really care anyway. They just like seeing my face because I'm fine."

       "You're taken."

       "No, really? I did not know that. Well, I guess I better go turn down all those date offers I got because everyone thinks I'm single." He then gestured for me to come over, so I got up from the chair I was on and walked over. He gently grabbed my arm and pulled me down to his level before pressing his lips on mine. "I love you."

       I smiled at him. "I love you too. I'm going to get a can of soda."

       "Ooh, get one for me too, babe."

       As much as I hated that nickname before, I got used to it because I knew Jerome was never going to stop calling me that. "Sure thing," I said before heading to the fridge and getting two cans of soda out. I walked back and handed him one before going back to my spot on the chair where I was out of the camera's shot.

       Jerome was soon ready to begin the video I knew I was going to end up laughing at so much. He made the camera started recording before he started talking. "What's up, Jeromans? I am here doing a highly requested video. Reacting to hate comments. Now, every single vlogger is bound to get some hate and honestly, they don't bother me at all. If I can handle my parents, then I can handle hate comments."

       Well, he wasn't wrong.

       "Now without further ado, I will now read the hate comments and respond to them in the nicest way as possible," Jerome said. "First one says you are so gay." Jerome sighed and looked down. "Guys, I have a confession. I'm, like, so gay." He then laughed a bit and looked back at the camera. "Yes, random hate comment person. I am gay. I've made that pretty clear from my very first video when I was talking about my boyfriend being in Miami when I was in Paris. I just don't get why people think gay is an insult. It's not, so I appreciate this comment for pointing the obvious."

       I never really got why people used gay as an insult. It wasn't one it it was very annoying to hear people call school gay or say someone's teacher is gay just for giving them homework.

       "Next comment says your not funny," Jerome said. "My what isn't funny? Seriously, if you're going to hate on me, learn the difference between your and you are. You used the possessive one, so this comment makes no sense because there isn't a noun after your." Jerome then looked at me. "Hey, want to come read the comments and get me to reply?"

       "Not really, no."

       "Oh, come on."

       "You're not going to stop until I agree, are you?"

       "I'm so happy you understand me."

       I sighed and got up from the chair with my can of soda and setting it on the coffee table before sitting by Jerome. "Oh, look random haters. It's my boyfriend. I guess this must mean that I am gay. Are you gay too, Nolan?"

       "No, I am so straight even though I have a boyfriend," I said.

       "No way, teach me how. That way, my parents won't hate me." Jerome then looked at the camera. "Mom, Dad, if you're watching this, I am still gay and I'm still in love with Nolan, so don't bother coming down for a visit anytime soon." He then handed me his phone. "Read some random ones. Don't be afraid to pick the harsh ones."