~Chapter Four~

It's been a couple of days since Hae Soo, Prince Eun and Y/N got into fight, but everyone has seem to have forgotten about it. Hae Soo and Prince Eun were actually getting closer, Y/N realized. She was happy that it was happening, because Prince Eun and Hae Soo's friendship always made her smile. Y/N walked around the lake and smiled. So far everything has been at ease. Prince So and Hae Soo have met as well, but Y/N knew things wouldn't stay this peaceful for long.

She didn't know how she could change the future though. Y/N would think about it for hours at a day, trying to figure out a way they can all have a happy ending, but she always came up with nothing.

Y/N sighed as she sat down by the water. "Maybe there isn't anything I can do." She mumbled as she rested her head against her knees. She quickly shook her head to get rid of that thought. "No. There's got to be a way, and I'll find it." She said with determination.

As she was staring out at the lake she heard a branch snap behind her. She quickly turned her head to see Prince So. "O-Oh Prince So, I didn't know you'd be here." She said as she got up and bowed to him. Prince So looked at Y/N before walking away. Y/N bit her lip. 'Was it something I said?' She wondered. She shrugged her shoulders before heading back towards the palace.

When she made it back she saw Princess YeonHwa arguing with Chae Ryung. She quickly realized what was happening. 'The whipping.' She thought as she rushed over. "What's going on?" Y/N asked Princess Yeon Hwa. Princess Yeon Hwa looked at Y/N. "This servant stole something of my brothers." Y/N stared right back. "Oh, what did she take exactly?" Y/N asked. Princess Yeon Hwa glared at Y/N. "A hairpin. I saw it in her hands. Now she will be punished." She said as she raised the whip.

Y/N quickly blocked Chae Ryung with her body. "You can't prove that she stole it. You're just saying you saw her have it, can any one back you up on that?" Y/N said as she stared at the Princess.

Princess Yeon Hwa glared. "You dare question a princess?" She yelled. Y/N shrunk back a bit, but quickly stood her ground. "So I'm guessing no one was with you when you saw her 'steal' the hairpin." She stated. "I saw her, that's enough to punish her. She was in his room with the hairpin. You keep talking back to me, and I'll have you punished as well." She growled. Y/N looked at Chae Ryung who was already hurt. She then looked back at Princess Yeon Hwa. "You've already hurt her enough. She doesn't need anymore." Y/N said. Just then a voice could be heard. It was Hae Soo. Hae Soo quickly knelt beside Chae Ryung. "Chae Ryung are you okay?" She asked frantically.

Hae Soo quickly stood up beside Y/N blocking Chae Ryung as well. "How could you do that to someone? She didn't deserve this." Hae Soo said to Princess Yeon Hwa. Princess Yeon Hwa scoffed. "She stole a hairpin from a prince, that deserves punishment." Y/N crossed her arms. "Again no one was with you, when you saw this happen." Princess Yeon Hwa looked over at Y/N and glared. "I've had it with your attitude Lady Myung Hee." Y/N rolled her eyes. "You don't scare me Princess." Princess Yeon Hwa's eyes widened. "We'll see about that. Tie her up." She ordered the maids. The maid's looked at each other before they walked up to Y/N.

The grabbed her hands, but Y/N pulled away. "Don't touch me." She said as she struggled against them. All of a sudden she felt a stinging sensation in her cheek. Princess Yeon Hwa slapped her. Y/N was in shock, it gave the maid's enough time to tie her hands together. Hae Soo saw what happened and she glared at Princess Yeon Hwa. "You can't do that! She did nothing wrong either. It was me who told Chae Ryung to put the hairpin back." Y/N looked over at Hae Soo.

Princess Yeon Hwa looked at Hae Soo as well. "Tie her up too. It seems these two need to be punished as well." She said as the maid's tied Hae Soo's hands as well. Y/N and Hae Soo were each tied to a pole. Princess Yeon Hwa grabbed the whip, and brought it down against Y/N's back. She groaned in pain, but she held it back. She wouldn't let Princess Yeon Hwa win. She hit Y/N a couple more times. Y/N could feel the blood running down her back. She bit her lip to stop herself from crying out in pain.

As Princess Yeon Hwa was whipping Y/N some of the princes showed up. Their eyes widened at what they saw. Prince Eun looked at the others. "We can't let Yeon Hwa keep this up. Myung Hee is bleeding. Hae Soo will be next." He said. Just as he said that Yeon Hwa whipped down against Hae Soo's back.

Prince Eun stepped forward to stop her, but Prince Jung held him back. "What are you doing? We have to stop her." He said as he struggled against Prince Jung. Just as Yeon Hwa was about to whip Hae Soo again, someone grabbed the whip. Y/N's knees buckled beneath her and she fell to the ground. 'Prince So' she thought. "Stop Yeon Hwa." And it sure enough it was Prince So's voice. "But Brother, they need to be taught a lesson for stealing. Who is this girl?" Prince So looked at Yeon Hwa. "She belongs to me." He said. "And I'll be the one to decide if she gets punished or not." He let go of the whip.

Y/N smiled slightly at the altercation. This was a step closer of So and Soo becoming closer. Y/N felt hands gently untie her from the ropes. She looked up and saw that it was Baek-Ah. She smiled, and tried to stand up but she fell immediately to the ground in pain. She groaned as a couple tears slid down her cheeks. 'Why did I get involved?' She thought as she tried to stand up again, but this time someone helped her stand.

She looked up once again and saw that it was Baek-Ah. "Here let me help you." He told her softly. Y/N couldn't help but smile, he really was to sweet for his own good.