~Chapter Twelve~

Y/N gently pulled her head away to look at Baek Ah.

She gently held his cheeks and wiped away the tears. She hadn't realized that she was crying too until Baek Ah wiped away some of hers.

They suddenly both let out a small laugh.

"We're a mess." Y/N smiled through the tears.

Baek Ah let out a small laugh. "Yeah we really are." He smiled.

Y/N smiled back at him softly. As she sat down beside Baek Ah she let out a small huff.

"You loved her didn't you?" Y/N asked him after a couple minutes of silence.

Baek Ah looked over at her with surprise. "W-Wha- how..."

Y/N looked over at him. "You may think that you're discreet with your feelings, but it was kind of obvious. They way you always looked at her when she was around. Like she lit up your world. The smiles that would immediately come to your face as you talked about her. You loved her."

Baek Ah looked down at the ground as Y/N continued to talk. He didn't know how she could've figured it out. He tried to be as discreet about his feelings as he could.

"I know it'll be hard for you Baek Ah but over time you'll learn how to cope with the loss. You'll always have Lady Hae in your heart but over time it'll get easier. And when you least expect it you'll find love again." Y/N smiled.

Baek Ah listened to her words. Let them sink in. "When you least expect it." He whispered out softly.

Y/N smiled softly at him. She let her hand run across the grass through her fingers. The silence between them was comforting in a way. It wasn't awkward.

As the minutes passed Y/N could hear the sounds of nature in the late evening. The stars were beautiful. Its moments like this that Y/N wanted to treasure.

"Thank you Myung Hee" Baek Ah told her. Y/N looked over at him. "For what?"

Baek Ah smiled. "Comforting me, making things feel a bit better. It means a lot. You really are a warm person, not tainted by dark intentions. It's nice after living in the palace for so long where everyone has different intentions it's nice to be around someone who cares for other's well being."

Y/N's eyes widened. She wasn't expecting Baek Ah to say anything like that at all.

"I-Thank you Baek Ah. No one's ever said anything to me like that before."

Baek Ah smiled at her softly. "Its true. I'm sure my brothers would agree with me too." He told her.

Y/N felt tears rush to her eyes. She quickly looked away and wiped her eyes.

"Myung Hee are you crying?" Baek Ah asked worriedly. Y/N laughed. "It's just I'm really happy right now."

Baek Ah smiled.

"We should get back to everyone. I'm sure they're wondering where you are." Y/N told him softly.

"Where we are. It may not seem like it but you've made quite the impact on my brothers and I along with Hae Soo. We all care about you." Baek Ah corrected her.

Y/N smiled as she playfully rolled her eyes. "I care about you and your brothers too. Come on let's head back." Y/N said as she stood up. She gave her hand to help Baek Ah up.

Baek Ah laughed as he took her hand pulling himself up. Y/N stumbled forward and they both fell back to the ground.

Y/N landed ontop of Baek Ah. Their eyes made contact. Baek Ah laughed as Y/N blushed and scrambled up off of him.

"I'm so sorry!" She apologized quickly.

Baek Ah laughed once again. "You really are a breath of fresh air Myung Hee."

Y/N blushed again and hid her face behind her hair slightly embarrassed.

Well Y/N certainly was making memories that she'll never forget.

*I know it's short but I thought I would give you guys somewhat of an update! Hope you guys enjoy!*