Newt Scamander - Kiss

The moment you entered your shared bedroom your lips curled up into a smile. You had already known that Newt not feeling well had not been the entire truth, but the fact that the bed was empty only confirmed it. Carefully you walked towards his suitcase and with trembling hands you clicked it open.

It was ten minutes before midnight, ten minutes before 2017. Your parents were in the living room, their glasses filled with champagne and their eyes glued to the clock.

You carefully walked down the stairs of the suitcase and you made sure to lock it again once you were in safely. "Newt?" You walked through his small workplace and then you noticed him, outside, surrounded by the beasts he loved more than any human being in the entire world, including you.

"Hey..." Newt looked over his shoulder when you saw him. His lips curled up a little, but he avoided your glance. "I'm sorry I sneaked away from your parents." He bent his head and his hand was caressing the Demiguise.

"Don't worry, it's fine." You sat down next to him and immediately the Niffler found a place in your lap so he could play with the charm bracelet around your wrist. "You should spend this moment with those you care about most, right?" You turned your face towards him and Newt looked up with a glimmer in his eyes.

"Now it's perfect." He moved closer towards you and you made sure Pickett was not sitting on Newt's shoulder before you let your head rest on it. "I...I'm afraid I don't have champagne down here." Newt wrapped an arm around your shoulders and you smiled once more.

"I don't need champagne. A kiss will do."

"Yes, yes I think I might have a kiss somewhere."