Newt Scamander - "Don't you ever do that again!"

You had your eyes wide open and you couldn't move. Deep down you knew that the danger was gone, that everything was fine, that the room was safe again, but it seemed that your body was not as convinced about that as your mind.

"I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have let him escape. I promise that it will never happen again." Newt kneeled down in front of you and you saw his eyes checking your skin for any damage. He let out a relieved sigh when he noticed that physically you were absolutely fine, even though you were not sure if you were mentally fine too.

"Don't you ever do that again!" You eventually let the words, which had been stuck in your throat for at least five minutes now, out and slowly you started to control your breathing again. "I can handle Dougal, or the Niffler, but not a creature that does fill up the entire room."

"It's an...it's an Occamy, I named him..." Newt couldn't finish his sentence, because you were shaking your head and trembling all over your body.

"Don't let him escape again. Please." You looked up at him and his eyes met yours.

He seemed worried, although you weren't sure if he was actually worried about you or about the creature you had almost hurt by trying to break free. "I'll do anything to make it up to you. I promise he didn't want to hurt you. I promise he's actually pretty nice and friendly and..." He took a deep breath. "Tell me what to do to make you feel better."

You sighed and you rolled your eyes while your lips curled up into a slight smile. "Kiss me." You whispered. "I could really use a kiss right now. Or anything else that includes you touching me and showing me that everything is fine and that I'm still alive."

"Of course!" Newt pushed himself up a little and he nervously tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. "I'm really sorry." He leaned in and his soft lips kissed yours.

You closed your eyes and felt your heartbeat and breathing slowing down. You knew that as long as Newt was with you things like this would keep on happening, but despite that you couldn't walk away from him. "Newt?" You interrupted the kiss and stared at him for a short second. "I think I'm in love with you and I'm terrified."

Newt bit his lip and he avoided your glance as long as he could. "I didn't want to scare you." He swallowed once more. "But, I do think I'm in love with you too and I'll do whatever I can to make sure you're safe."