Advent Event - You forgot to eat with Newt Scamander

"Here you go." He stared at the baby nifflers with that charming grin on his face. No matter how bad they behaved, no matter what they stole, no matter what they damaged, he just couldn't stop loving them.

Sometimes you had wished that he'd look at you like he looked at his animals, but you knew that was never gonna happen.

His animals would always come first.

But you were enough happy with coming second. Especially because you had grown to love all his creatures and beasts almost as much as he did.

"We still need to check on the demiguise too." You tapped on Newt's shoulder.

The biggest downside of his huge love for all those magical animals was that by now taking care of them took the two of you almost all day. There were always wounds to clean, babies to feed and habitats to wipe. And when everything was done, you could start again at the very beginning.

You looked up when you felt and heard you stomach rumbling. Blood heated your cheeks and you hoped that Newt had been too occupied with the loves of his life to have heard it, but it seemed that right now he was more perceptive towards you than you wanted.

"I hear there is another dangerous beast that needs to be fed." Newt smirked and you scratched the back of your neck while you bit your bottom lip.

"I'm not that dangerous." You protested. "Not even when I'm hungry." You crossed your arms over your chest. "We should really check on the demiguise and I'll get something to eat afterwards." You barely finished your sentence when your stomach rumbled again.

Newt raised his eyebrows slightly, his eyes never really meeting yours entirely. "Are you sure you can wait that long? You know it's a lot of work."

You rolled your eyes. "Of course I know. I've been working here for quite some time now. I'm fine, okay?" You headed towards the next habitat, Newt following closely behind you.

"So..." He cleared his throat. "I was just thinking..." He paused for a moment and you looked over your shoulder to see why. "I've been seeing you here all day ever since early this morning." He furrowed his eyebrows. "When's the last time you've actually eaten?"

You shrugged and licked your dry lips. "I don't know exactly. I think I might have grabbed something quick this morning, but..." You swallowed. "No, I actually think I didn't. I guess it was lunch, yesterday?"

Newt shook his head in a playful manner. "Should I treat you as one of the beasts and feed you three times a day?" He smiled and you smiled back at him, but the moment was interrupted by another stomach rumbling.

His this time.

You let out a soft chuckle and walked towards him. "Newt Scamander." You stood still a few inches away from him. "When was the last time you had a proper meal?"

He was silent for a moment and then he let out a soft giggle. "I'm quite certain it was lunch, yesterday." He shuffled on his feet and your laugh echoed all around you.

"Maybe we should share a habitat down here then." You reached for his hand and pulled him towards the staircase. "The demiguise can wait for half an hour, I hope." You started climbing, still holding Newt's hand. "We should feed the humans first."