Chapter 9: The Night😉

Jewel P.O.V.
The next day I didn't want to talk about Jack.
In fact I didn't even want to talk to anyone. Race kept on trying to talk to me and I just ignored him.

"Jewel, just talk to me. I know you have been taking it rough, but you gotta let it go."

"How the hell am I supposed to let it go, Race? He was like a brother to me, Race! You ARE my brother, but he felt like one too!" I start to cry.

I despise crying. It makes people think I'm weak.

"Shit, don't cry," Race says.
"Don't tell me what to do!" I ran out of the room and to Brooklyn.

I was staring out at the water on the Brooklyn Bridge when someone came up behind me. I didn't even have to turn around. "Hey Spot."

"Hey babe," Spot replies. "Oh, you're crying."

"No shit Sherlock." I respond. I know it sounded kinda rough but I wasn't in the mood.

"Come on." Spot grabs my hand and we walk around Brooklyn. We make it to the docks and we sit down on his "thrown".

"So, what do you think about... you know, what's been going on?"

I turn to Spot. "Shit. It is a whole pile of Shit. But I feel okay when I'm with you." I kiss him on the lips. It turns into a make out session. I wrap my hands around his neck and he pulls me onto his lap. While he has his hands around my waist. He licks the bottom of my lip as a way of asking for entrance. I accept and his tongue goes into my mouth searching.

"Get a room," says Ace, one of Spot's newsies.
"No," I pull away and stare at Race.
"What do you want?" I ask him.
"You were gone since 9 and it is 3 now and I was worried."
"Go away." He then walks away.
"Don't forget to use protection!" He yells from afar. He turns around.
I give him the finger and he laughs walking back to 'hatten.

I kinda wish that Race was more protective of me but honestly he doesn't care. He doesn't even try, but I do know that he is always there for me.

I turn back to Spot. He takes my hand and brings me to his room. We lay down on his bed and stare at the ceiling. I then turn my head to him. He still stares at the ceiling. I sit on his lap. He looks at me and puts a confused look on his face. He sits up and I let him move back to the headboard. He pulls me closer and starts to kiss me. Starting at my head to my neck. Shit. He found my sweet spot where I start moaning. He grabs my waist and I put my head against his chest. He is still on my neck. I play with his suspender straps and un-clip them. I take them and place them at the foot of the bed.

"I don't think we need these," I say. I take out his slingshot and cane and put them on the night table. "or these," and then I unbutton the rest of his shirt. "or this." He looks up into my hazel eyes and smiles. Not a smirk, but smiles. "You really wanna do this?" he asks. "I put my fingers through his hair and we start to kiss. We start to remove the rest of our clothing and he is kissing me all over my body...

----------You used a "skip" and was able to skip this part of the story---------------------

I wake up and Spot is coming out of the bathroom buttoning up his shirt to around the fourth button. That is his style. I look down underneath the covers and realize I'm still naked. My eyes widen and I tell him to pass me my clothes.

He smiles and tosses them at me.

"Last night-" he cuts me short, "don't need to say anything. If Race asks, tell him he followed his rules," he says. I put on my clothes and run out the door and back to 'hatten.

I walk through the lodging house and up the steps. I walk through the doorway and everyone looks at me. Race walks from the back of the room up to me. "Where were you?" He seems calmed. "I used protection Ra-" "I thought I warned you to come home early." he says. "What? No! You told me to 'not forget to use protection' and you walked away!"

"Did you do it?" Race looks me straight in the eyes. "Jewel, I'm asking you a simple question that consists of four little words. Did. You. Do. It? Last night." he turns his head slightly to the right.

"Yes, I did. We used protection and-"
"How could you?"
"How could I wha-"
"I told you not to go to Brooklyn with Jack, but no! Youse went and probably got yourself pregnant!"
"We used protection Race!"
"Protection only lowers the chance to get pregnant! It doesn't completely stop it!"
"So what! I love Spot and he loves me back! There is nothing you could do to stop true love!"

Race starts to mumble something when Denton walks into the room. "Heya boys, and Jewel." He gives me a wink. "Come on and let's get movin! Jack is not bad after all and is handin' papes to newsies all around! Come on!"

We all follow him out and we get papes.
I read the story and smile. Jack wasn't a traitor after all!

We start handing out the papes to all the children working in New York. The date to show up in Newsies Square is tomorrow.

Spot P.O.V.

Sorry that I never really write Spot's side of the story but this story is more about Jewel than him. But whatever.

I can't stop thinking about the other night. We actually did it. Although I haven't seen Jewel since. I don't know if she is pregnant or not. We used protection and all! I love her and need her in my life.