Chapter 17: Nothing says JEWEL with new JEWELS

Jewel's engagement ring is above. Read full chapter for it to make sense!

Jewel P.O.V.

All the newsies walk inside and Spot and Mush and Race come down the steps. No wonder why they weren't down there playing poker. Spot and I make eye contact and I start sobbing. So does Spot. We run to each other and I jump into his arms.

"Ise don't know why I'm crying!" I said.
"Me neither! But Ise love youse, that might be why!" Spot said pulling away from our hug. He kisses my head and pulls away. "We gotta talk," I say. He nods his head.

We head back up to the roof to talk about the dreams. "I've heard about your dream but youse don't know mine right?" Spot asks.

"Youse had a type of dream too?" I say. I feel really bad for Spot. There must be a good reason and he DOES love me if he just cried and stuff.

"Yeah,"

--------------------YOU (Readers) ALREADY HEARD THE STORY SO IM PRETTY SURE YOU DONT WANNA READ IT AGAIN!----------------------------------------

"Oh my god Spot!" I say as I hug him.
"Well Ise betta get goin'." He says as he he kisses me.
"Okay, see ya tomorrow?"
"K, see you then." Then he leaves.

Race comes up afterward.
"Don't tell me youse were eaves-"
"No Ise wasn't. Spot told Mush and I before he told youse. Also h-I yeah... Ise wanted to ask you something." I nod my head.
"Do youse eva wanna settle down, and marry?"
I take a while to think. "Yeah, but it depends on who it is."

"What do you think about Spot?" He asks.
"Well, only if he asks." I say and walk back downstairs.

Race P.O.V.

Spot came downstairs and he told me to go with the plan. I nodded my head and went upstairs.

I asked her, "Do you eva wanna settle down, and marry?" I was crossing my fingers and toes without Jewel noticing. At least I didn't think she noticed.

She took a while and I was hoping she said yes. If I was forced an arranged marriage it would either be to Kid Blink or Spot. But I'd rather have her protected. But I am lucky enough that I do not have to. Not that I would anyways.

"Yeah, but it depends on who it is." I sigh.

"What do youse think about Spot?" I ask her.
"Well, only if he asks." She walks back downstairs. I let out a huge sigh and decide that I gotta head to Brooklyn to tell Spot.

I am walking there so excited to see Spot. Eh screw it, I'm runnin'. So I start to run there. I make it to Brooklyn in about 15 minutes. Good timing I guess.

I make it down to the docks where Spot is there yelling at this girl. "I'm engaged to someone!" He yells. "FINE! I NEVER LOVED YOU ANYWAYS!" The girl screamed and ran away.

Spot just rolled his eyes. "Hey man," Spot said spitshaking with me. "Hey, who's that?"

"Oh, just my old ex. Happens a lot. But once Ise marry Jewel-"

"About dat, she said dat she wanted ta marry. But she would only marry youse if you ask her."

"Then I'll ask her. Ise have enough for da ring. What's her finger size?"

"Well uh, wese both don't crack our knuckles, but Ise guess youse can use mine." I say. Spot just laughs.

"Okay, I guess." Spot says.

We go to the ring shop. "Hey, Ise need to find a ring size?"

"Yes, just step over here." The clerk said.

We just both laugh and I hand out my left hand.

"Is this your fiancé?" The clerk asked. We both started laughing hysterically.

"No, my twin is. We both don't crack our knuckles and we have the same hand size."

"Okay." The clerk finds out the ring size.

So Jewel is a 6 1/2, average size. We were still laughing as we left the store. "Ise still can't believe dat dat ring cost so little! It is real and beautiful!" I said.

"Mhm. It just seemed to call out JEWEL to me." Spot said.

"Yeah, nothing says JEWEL with real JEWELS." I say.

We talk to Mush and we nod and begin to start the plan.

A/N:
This might be the most CRINGIEST chapter yet. Thanks to famficss and sarahboom31 ! Thanks y'all! New chapter comin soon!
-Faith🌺