Chapter 20: A Year Later

A/N: I love how Max (Race) is so fascinated at the arm around his shoulder😂

One Year Later:
Jewel P.O.V.
I was turning seventeen soon. Oops, I mean Race and I are turning seventeen soon. And I've moved in with Spot. We found this nice house near the Brooklyn Bridge (on the Brooklyn side of course), and it looked really nice. It was a three bedroom, two bathroom one story house. We are going to final the order next week.

Spot is still the leader of Brooklyn and I'm known as the Queen of Brooklyn. I still visit the 'hatten Newsies, heck I still work there! Spot wanted me to become a Brooklyn newsie but nah, I would sometimes sleep in at the old lodging house and come back the next morning. Sure, Spot would go all "Where the hell have you been!" lecture, but I've gotten used to it.

Race has a new girlfriend, and she is really nice. Her name is Angelina, and she was a newsie as well. Although she is from the Bronx. She is hard-headed, and stubborn, but loving at the same time. Just like me.

David is dating Antonietta, and they are SO CUTE TOGETHA!! He proposed to her two months ago and she is the same age as me.

Jack is dating Davey's sis Sarah, she's all girly but good for him. I hope he treats her right. He is going to propose next week.

Crutchy is dating some girl he found in an alleyway and she had a crutch too! They are still dating, takin' it slow and steady. That's what they say.

Back to Spot and I. We are planning to marry in May. We have got most of the arrangements done and we will marry in Medda's theatre. It is very romantic to us because that is where he "saved me" although I was the one who dragged him out.

Spot and I were talking and thinking of getting better jobs. News from all over is that all of the other leaders are keeping their position as leader until death. The newsies want us to stay leaders too. So I guess we will.