Chapter 10: The Argument

Jewel P.O.V.

We are walking out the door and I don't go near Race. I don't know what he is talking about! He never said anything about coming home early! Now he gets protective! Ugh, sometimes I can't stand being in the same house as him.

Mush taps me on the shoulder and I look at him. "I may not be dating or actually been 'In Love', but I know that what you and Spot has is real. And if youse need to talk, Ise here fo' ya."

"Thanks Mush, it really means a lot to me knowing there is someone that I can talk to."

He tells me to meet him on the roof tonight at 7:30 and I nod my head to him.

After about an hour and an half I head to Brooklyn. It was 2:30. I run all the way there.

"Heya Spot!" He turns around and jumps down. "Heya babe," he responds. He doesn't kiss me. I kiss him on the cheek. He just looks at me.

"What's wrong?" I ask. He just looks away. "Spot?" He walks away and I follow. He leaves the door open to his room and I walk in behind him. I close the door.

He turns around and I see a tear sliding down his cheek. I walk over and wipe off the tear with my thumb.

"Today, was t-the d-day dat me mudda and fadda died." He sits on his bed and cries even more. I wrap my arm around him and kiss his cheek. "It's okay," I tell him.

He looks up at me. "My mudda told me when Ise was little, that Ise find the perfect one that will love youse no matta what, jus' like youse." That was very touching, and I never thought Spot LOVED anything. Also, he told me I was just right for him. My heart sank. "Ise love youse too, Spot. No matta what. Even if we'se get inta a fight and neva get back togetha, Ise will still be thea for youse. And dat will neva happen, as long as everything is as it is now. Otha than the strike."

He grabs my face and kisses me, cupping his hands on my cheeks. It lasted for a long time. Once we pull apart we kiss again and again and again until a knock at the door startled us. Race bursts in and sees that Spot is still crying.

He walks towards us and hands me a pregnancy test. He points toward the bathroom and goes in with me.

"Why? Why did youse just burst in hea?" I whisper to him. "Ise need ta know, if youse pregnant he will be soaked by me."

I do it and I look at the lines first. He says that I'm not pregnant. I throw the thing at Race. He picks it up and storms outta the bathroom and throws the test at Spot. Spot has stopped crying and was fixing putting his hair in his cap.

Race throws the test at Spot. "Youse is so fuckin' lucky! If she was pregnant youse woulda been soaked badly!" Race looks at me. "And youse betta be home by 4!" "But it is 3:45 now!" I tell him. "Oh well, youse betta start headin' out then!" He slams the door.

I look at Spot. "I'll see ya later." He nods and I leave quietly.

I got back by 3:54 and burst into the lodging house. "Ugh!" I scream and I slap Race across the face. "Just because you are six minutes olda doesn't mean youse can treat me like a kid!" I run and grab Mush taking him upstairs.

"I thought we'se were gonna meet at 7:30?"
"Yeah, well now is betta."
"What jus' happened?"

I tell Mush what happened the other night and all of today. He just nods his head. I start to cry.

"Oh, Jewel. Don't cry," he pulls me into a hug. "I hate crying, like how I hate Race right now." I look up at Mush. "It's okay to feel dat way," Mush says. "But Ise think you should talk to Race. Race is the best person youse should be talkin' to now. He's the one that's gotta calm himself. Although, if my sista was messin' around, especially wit Spot Conlon Ise woulda been going crazy too. But Ise wouldn't act like he did. He's just tryin ta protect ya." Mush looks at me.

Race P.O.V.
I remember seeing Jewel walk with Mush upstairs. I wonder what's goin on with them. I quietly hide behind the door listening in to what they are saying.

"I hate crying, like how I hate Race right now." Ouch. That hurt. I was just trying to protect her. "It's okay to feel dat way," Mush says. "But Ise think you should talk to Race. Race is the best person youse should be talkin' to now. He's the one that's gotta calm himself. Although, if my sista was messin' around, especially wit Spot Conlon Ise woulda been going crazy too. But Ise wouldn't act like he did. He's just tryin ta protect ya." I nod my head in agreement when Jack walks up behind me.

"Stop Race." He says to me.
"Ise was just listenin' in and they'se talkin about how ova protective Ise is." I look at Jack.

"Youse two are fifteen now right?" Jack asks him.
"Yeah,"
"Well, youse can't protect her anymore."
"Mhm. Ise get that. I guess that Ise will have to allow her to still see Spot right?"
"Yeah." With that, we both went downstairs.

She came down the steps and I walked up
to her. "We need to talk," we both said at the same time. "Youse/Ise will let me/youse see Spot." We both stared at each other. "Ugh!" she laughed. "Ise hate it when we'se get that twin telepathy thing." She said. "Glad to see youse are happy," we both said and hugged.

"Well, that was creepy, but Ise am glad youse two made up." Mush said turning around the corner and patting both of us on the back before Jack walks in and does the same thing.