Prologue

A/N: Hi! This has been in my drafts for quite some time and I finally got the courage to publish it in this website. I'm actually really nervous because I know how big this platform is and I also know that there are all sorts of people here, so I'd be lying if I told you that I'm not expecting some hate comments. But I also accept constructive criticism as long as it's written in an objective and calm way.

Also, before you start reading, I want to explain some things. 

1-My first language isn't English, it's Spanish so there might be some grammar mistakes in the story, if you find any please correct them in the comments nicely and calmly.

2-There are 2 types of chapters in this story: the first one is something that happened before Lexa 'died' (HTTYD) and the second one is something that happens after her death, meaning it's happening like right now (HTTYD2). In order to distinguish them, the ones that happened in HTTYD will have this is in the title: (F) which stands for flashback.

3-I've got nothing against Hiccstrid, I think they look really cute together. Just in case anyone's wondering.

Did anything I write made sense? I don't even know.

Anyways, enjoy the story!

"He's up!" yelled Astrid as Hiccup and Toothless emerged from the ground and up to the sky.  Thunderlight and I flew towards The Red Death to distract it, but, somehow, the beast ended up in front of Astrid and the Nadder about to swallow them whole, while her dragon tried, in vain, to fly away.

I was about to go towards them and help them, but a blast of plasma hit the beast; plasma I would recognize anywhere.

Toothless.

And that was when I realized, she wouldn't need help anyways. Toothless was fast, he never failed his shots and he had a great rider; the blast of plasma pushed Astrid off her dragon, while the beast got momentarily stunned, so that gave them a chance to escape.

After rescuing the girl, Hiccup and Toothless flew to the clouds and then dived down. Toothless shot a blast of fire to the beast's wings, making it fall. I landed next to Astrid to see what was happening clearly.

The beast spread its wings and started to follow them. It was obvious that the creature hadn't used them for, probably, the last fifty years, because they were all covered in huge amounts of dust that flew everywhere; that was the good thing, the bad thing was that they worked perfectly.

Hiccup and Toothless started to fly while dodging some rocks, similar to the ones we used for our races, but the beast couldn't do the same because of its size, so it hit some of them.

The hunter and the pray flew in front of us as we all cheered for Hiccup and Toothless.

Hiccup then said something to the Night Fury; I had a sharp eye so I could see his mouth moving. Sadly, I didn't have a sharp ear, so I couldn't hear what was it he had told him, the only thing I knew it's that they flew up and, suddenly, we couldn't see them anymore.

We all started to look up frantically, not even my eyes could see through the cloudy sky.

But then, the gigantic beast flew up, while trying to grab a black thing who couldn't be anyone but Toothless. I sighed in relief, as did the others, but it didn't last for long; the beast closed its jaw, as if it was trying to eat something, and now indeed the dragon and his rider couldn't be found anywhere.

"Where are they?" asked Astrid looking at the sky. Several minutes passed, and yet no sign of them. I knew that in my heart I should have trusted Hiccup, because he certainly had a plan, but my head believed something else.