Chapter 5

"Where have you been all these years?" Hiccup asked after we broke apart.

"Oh, you know, just...Wandering around" I said, avoiding that subject in particular "What did I miss?" I asked, and he immediately looked at Toothless proudly.

"Well, after you...Escaped, many things changed" I nodded.

"I know, I heard" he looked at me surprised "Hey, I may have not been here but I never forgot about this place. I tried to keep up with the news as much as I could" I crossed my arms over my chest "So, is it true that Vikings and dragons aren't enemies anymore?" he nodded.

"Indeed. The dragons moved in to Berk, and every Berkian has a pet dragon now"

"That's amazing!" I said excited.

 Finally, I didn't have to worry about someone finding Thunderlight and killing him, or whatever. We could fly anywhere we liked!

"Yeah, it is" he said, looking at Toothless with a smile.

"Pretty impressive gliding by the way" I said, nudging him and making him scratch his neck nervously.

"It's-it's kind of a new thing; we need to improve it a little bit, though. Toothless' tail makes it hard for him to reach me...But I guess you already saw that" I nodded and approached the Night Fury.

"Missed me, bud?" I said, scratching his neck. He purred happily, but Thunderlight stood in front of me to block Toothless while I gave him the best 'Are you kidding?' stare I could manage "Thunderlight, seriously?" he growled, and I sighed "Okay, come here" I rubbed his snout. Hiccup chuckled, and I looked at him apologetically "Sorry, he is really jealous" he shook his head.

"Oh, don't worry about it" he then looked over Thunderlight's head and walked behind him; I stopped stroking my pet and followed him, wondering what had called his attention and praying to the gods that it wasn't what I thought it was.

His eyes went over to my dragon's tail, sadly confirming my suspicions, and his expression changed "What happened to him?" he asked, touching his prosthetic tail and making me sigh; I really didn't want to tell him, knowing Hiccup he would feel really guilty, but I had no choice.

"Half of his wing got burned when we saved you from the fire" I said, looking to the side to avoid eye contact. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him rubbing my best friend's back; his face was full of guilt, just as I expected.

"Sorry about that, bud" Thunderlight purred softly, meaning that he had nothing to worry about.

"So" I started, trying to change the subject. My eyes went down to his artificial leg "Care to explain?" he lifted it up.

"Oh, this?" I nodded "I had an incident while flying with Toothless: I fell ten feet and he couldn't save all of me, I'm lucky I'm still alive" he shrugged it off, not making much of a deal about it, and approached the cliff. He gestured for me to follow him, and I did. 

He then pulled out a piece of paper from underneath his armor and unfolded it on the ground; it was a map, a map all hand drawn by Hiccup.

Look, I had always known he was an amazing drawer but that was far from amazing; it was, if I say so myself, perfect, and he had put the most of his efforts on it. I wondered how much time it took for him to make it.

He then took another piece of paper, which Toothless licked, before sticking it next to another paper; after that, he took a charcoal pencil from one of his suit's compartments and sharpened it with a knife.

"So, what should we name it?" he asked, looking at Toothless who was scratching underneath his arm "Itchy Armpit it is" he wrote it down on the paper and I laughed, but then I remembered something: