Chapter 6 (F)

It wasn't until I stood up for Hiccup when the teens were bothering him, that I started to think that, maybe, what I felt towards him could be something more than just sheer friendship.

Yes, it was true I had defended him in other situations, but this one was different.

It went a bit like this:

Waiting for Hiccup to finish Dragon Training so we could go to ride our dragons, I was sitting on one of the fences when I heard Snotlout (I hated that guy) and his two friends: Fishlegs and Tuffnut laughing at someone.

"Are you sure you're a Viking? 'Cause you don't seem like one" I turned around to see who they were bothering this time, and: Surprise! It was Hiccup, like always. They enjoyed, too much for my taste, telling him those kinds of things, and the worst part was that he didn't even bother to defend himself! He just stood there, answering their insults as the peacekeeper he was. Now, don't get me wrong, I had always admired his ability as a diplomat, but it wouldn't work in that case. Kids like Snotlout only answered to violence.

"Yes, thank you, I try my best" Snotlout snickered and I glared at him, although he didn't see me.

"Why are you even in Dragon Training? I mean, you shot down a Night Fury, so shouldn't that disqualify you?" he mocked and I laughed dryly; none of them believed the story of the Night Fury, and it gave me great satisfaction to know that Hiccup was telling the truth but, of course, they were too stupid to notice that.

Hiccup started to walk away, when Snotlout said something else "You don't even defend yourself! You truly are the worst Viking Berk has ever seen"

If I wasn't mad at him before, I sure as hell was after that.

"Hey, leave him alone!" I yelled standing up, and they looked my way, curious to know who had stopped their 'entertainment'. 

"'Lex, it's alright, I got this under control" I didn't pay attention to Hiccup and approached them, while they laughed.

"Look, Hiccup, your girlfriend is here to protect ya!" I ignored that, and crossed my arms over my chest angrily.

"She's-she's not my girlfriend!" explained Hiccup for like the 10th time; they always made fun of him for the same thing.

Snotlout ignored him, and glanced at me with superiority.

"What are you gonna do?" he asked, getting close to me and looking at me in the eye. I didn't look away "Throw me to the lake? Pull my hair?" he truly didn't know what I was capable of, and that was the best thing.

"I-I would seriously think things through before asking those types of questions, Snotlout" said Hiccup with all the logic of the world, which made the teen laugh once more.

"And why's that?" he asked mockingly, while I looked at him disgusted.

"Back off before doing something you'll regret..." I warned dangerously.

"Uh, Snotlout, maybe she's right..." started Fishlegs.

Would you look at that,  he wasn't so stupid after all! I couldn't say the same about Snotlout though, for he gave the blonde a glare which shut him up.

"C'mon, Fishlegs! You seriously can't be afraid of..." he scanned me with his eyes "A girl" 

Had he really just said that?

"Careful what you say" I warned, raising my eyebrow.

"Oh, I'm so scared!" he said, making a fake frightened face.

"You should be..." muttered Hiccup, making the idiot stare at my friend mockingly.