Chapter 19

We had been flying for over twenty minutes and yet no sign of Hiccup & Toothless. I spent like ten minutes wondering what to do when Stoick gave me the order to take everyone back to Berk, instead of just flying away, so it was obvious that they were miles ahead of us, otherwise I would have spotted them immediately. I may have sharp eyesight, but I couldn't see twenty miles ahead of us! UGH!

Thunderlight must have sensed my frustration, because he purred softly and took a quick glance at me. I sighed, trying to calm myself down, and rubbed his snout "I'm sorry, pal. I'm just really worried about them" he groaned in understanding. And it was true, I was. Drago seemed like a complete lunatic from what Stoick had said, and Hiccup would be in serious trouble facing him alone. Of course he had Toothless with him, but I was allowed to worry, okay?

We continued flying for some more time, until I caught something moving in the middle of the ocean. We flew closer to it, and I finally could see what it was:

"Toothless?" the poor thing was trying desperately to hold onto the ice platform so as not to drown "What are you doing here?" my eyes opened wide "Where's Hiccup?" he groaned, and then I realized that he was almost drowning; I had to help him in any way I could. I got the closest I could to the ice platform, and when the dragon saw me, he stopped moving and calmed down, knowing I would help him. Or, at least, try.

I stood up, my feet hooked to the saddle, and leaned forward. Thunderlight descended so I could grab Toothless from the paws, but then I spotted something moving behind him: it looked like a tail. Thunderlight growled just as that thing, whatever it was, positioned itself besides Toothless. I only had time to shout:

"Toothless! Watch out!" before he and that creature disappeared into the cold water. I gasped as I covered my mouth with both my hands, and Thunderlight landed on the small island. I hopped off him immediately and knelt down, trying to see something through the deep ocean.

"Toothless?" I asked narrowing my eyes, but nothing was at sight. 

Thunderlight growled behind me "Not now, bud. I need to find Toothless" he growled a few times more but I ignored him "C'mon, c'mon" I didn't know what I was hoping for. Toothless emerging from the water, perhaps?

Finally, Thunderlight roared and, before I even got the chance to turn around, something hit the platform, split it in two, and the next thing I saw was darkness.

Hiccup's POV

"Who are you?" I asked, sticking my hands out just in case "The dragon thief? Drago Bludvist? Do you even understand what I'm saying?" the person didn't answer any of my questions, instead, he or she waved his staff in a way I had never seen before and smacked it on the ground. A dragon came flying carrying another dragon and dropped it on the floor; it was Toothless. I ran to him immediately.

"Toothless!" I said in relief seeing my dragon alive, thanks the gods he didn't drown. I rubbed his snout comfortingly "Oh, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay" Toothless shook, trying to get rid of the water that had soaked him completely "I'm glad to see you, too, bud" he purred softly "You really had me worried here" he licked me. I would have complained in any other circumstances, but I was surrounded by like millions of dragons and someone whom I didn't know if they were going to kill me or otherwise. The mysterious person then smacked the staff again and another dragon came in, carrying another dragon that seemed extremely familiar.

"Thunderlight?" I asked when the dragon dropped him on the floor. I could see him clearly now. And then I made a horrible realization "Whe-where's Lexa?" Thunderlight didn't go anywhere without her. As a response, he purred and unfolded his wings to reveal my best friend unconscious; I rushed and kneeled beside her, grabbing her head softly and laying it on my lap. I removed some of the strands from her face so I could see her clearly. She was really pale.