Epilogue

"You know, if things don't go well with Hiccup, I'm still available" said Snotlout raising an eyebrow, and I rolled my eyes. I was about to give him a piece of my mind (And maybe a few punches) When Astrid came towards us.

"Snotlout, please tell me you're not seriously thinking on stealing the chief's fiancé" I pleaded to the gods and asked them for some patience before starting to talk.

"Astrid, for the last time, we are not engaged" I said. I thought I had already made that clear. It was the 7th time (In the day) that she called me Hiccup's fiancé

"Well, you should be!" I rolled my eyes.

"Go and tell him that" I said jokingly, but she took it seriously.

"I will!" she said "Hiccup! Come over here!" I turned around, and saw him a few meters away from us, looking at Astrid curiously. Oh, gods, how long had he been there?

"Astrid, I was just kidding!" I yelled, but Hiccup was already here, and Astrid was smiling triumphantly.

"What?" he asked curiously.

"Nothing, Astrid was just...Being Astrid"

She frowned and looked at me "What is that supposed to mean?" I sighed.

"It means that I love you very much" before she could say anything, a horn was blown in the distance.

"It's dragon racing time!" said Astrid, but frowned when she saw we didn't move "Aren't you guys coming?" Hiccup looked at me a put an arm around my waist.

"Actually, 'Lex and I have another thing to do" Astrid smiled excitedly.

"Does that mean I get to be acting chief while you two are gone?"

"Astrid, we will only be gone for a few hours, not the whole week" Hiccup rolled his eyes while saying this, making me giggle.

"But you will need someone to make sure everything's okay! Someone to be in charge!" the chief looked at me and I nodded.

"Just make sure no severe injuries happen and no teeth are broken" he said and Astrid smirked.

"I can't promise anything!" she said as she raced towards the stands before any of us could say anything else.

"Why do I get the feelings this is not going to end well?" wondered Hiccup out loud, while I smiled.

"Let her be" we started to walk towards our dragons, who were playing in the grass.

"So...Are you going to tell me where we are going?" I rolled my eyes, he had been asking that all day, trying to get me to reveal the place when I wasn't paying attention, but it didn't work. I was always alert; I didn't want to give away the surprise.

"Nope" I said simply.

"C'mon, 'Lex! You've been talking about this place, whatever it is, all week, you can't expect me to just let it go and see what happens, not when you worship it like that!"

"I'm not worshipping it! I'm...Complimenting it" I said, thinking carefully what word to use.

"Whatever" he sounded annoyed.

"Oh, c'mon!" I said, stepping in his way and grabbing his hands "I know Vikings aren't really the patient type, but can you try? Just for ten minutes, that's all I ask!" he rolled his eyes but smiled.

"Okay, okay, I'll wait" I smiled and gave him a kiss in the cheek, making him blush.

"Thank you" we hopped on our dragon's saddle and we hadn't even been flying for five minutes, when Hiccup-the-impatient spoke up again:

"Can you at least tell me if it's far or not?" I rolled my eyes smiling slightly; he just couldn't wait, of course not; he was Hiccup, he was like that.

"It's not that far" I finally replied, knowing that if I didn't answer, the flight was going to be way longer than it was supposed to be "Thunderlight and I found it when we were coming back to Berk. We'll be there by sunset, exactly in twenty minutes" he nodded and didn't ask anything else about the place. We kept talking about idle topics, before spotting the island "There it is!" I pointed out to it, and Hiccup followed my gaze. 

From above, the island seemed completely green, the trees were really tall, and they were in perfect conditions considering it was almost Winter. Some of them had fruits, while others were full of colorful flowers, but no one was living there, so I didn't know why it was so healthy. Maybe someone came for holiday or something.

We landed at the beginning of the forest, and took a look around. There weren't any dragons, but some birds and butterflies were living there.

I looked at Hiccup, who was staring around us amazed, while the sky reflected on his face and hair, dyeing them a beautiful orange colour.

"'Lex, this is beautiful" he said, pulling me out of my admiration, and making me smile brightly.

"And you haven't even seen the best part yet!" he looked at me curiously. I grabbed his hand and lead him into the forest with me, while our dragons stayed behind, trying, and failing miserably, to catch the birds. We dodged, ducked and avoid every single tree, trunk, branch or root on our way, until we finally arrived to a cliff that had the perfect view of the sun sinking in the horizon. Hiccup was speechless, his eyes showed it, and it made me smile. The orange sun turned everything ahead of him orange, too. The sky, the clouds, the water...Everything, it was glorious.

We went to sit right at the edge of the cliff, staring at the sunset.

"How did you come across this place?" asked Hiccup grabbing my hand, which was resting in the grass. I smiled and leaned my head into his shoulder.

"It was one of our last stops before finding you & Toothless. We spend the night here, before flying off the next morning. Besides the birds and butterflies, it was completely empty. No one was living here, so I found it quite strange that it was so alive. No trees cut down, no dry leaves" I explained, and he nodded "While we were searching for a good place to sleep, Thunderlight found this. Though that day it wasn't as beautiful as it is today. Back then, it was quite cloudy and the sun was blocked. We could only see its beauty the next day, when the sky was clear, but we had to go, so we couldn't take a proper look at it" I continued.

"It's amazing" he agreed, still holding my hand. We stayed like that for some more minutes, before a question came into my mind:

"What's next in store for us?" I said, looking at him, and he returned the look with curiosity "I mean, where do we take it from now?" I tried to explain myself, and he looked at the horizon.

"I was thinking that maybe we could go visit your village" I frowned.

"Haustchet?" of course that he meant Haustchet, Lexa, what other village do you know of?

"Yeah, you know, just for a few days" I smirked.

"You've only been chief for two days and you already want to escape your responsibilities?" I asked jokingly, and he shrugged with that cute smile of his.

"I was never an obedient person" I chuckled and rested my head on his shoulder again, while he wrapped his arms around me.

"I know. But yeah, I'd like that, and, besides, my friends and parents would kill me if they never got to meet you" I had talked so much about him, they were definitely curious. They sure wanted to see him with their own eyes. He chuckled.

"That settles it then, our next trip will be to Haustchet" I smiled brightly, and closed my eyes, still leaning into him.

The village wouldn't care if we were gone for some more hours, right?