Chapter 15

"Astrid, I need help" I said, when I found the girl in the hall, having dinner.

"With?" she said, looking at me curiously.

"Hiccup" she made a 'things are going wrong, aren't they?' Expression.

"Oh, no. What happened now?"

"I miss him" okay, I know that sounded too girly-girl like, like one of those annoying girls whose only wish was that their boyfriends were with them all day, but it wasn't like that. I missed spending time with him, not him himself.

"You see him practically everyday" pointed out Astrid raising an eyebrow.

"I know, I know" I sat down in front of her "But I miss doing things with him, spending time with him"

"Tell him" she said simply.

"But what if he doesn't want to spend time with me? Or what if he thinks I'm annoying?" I was the one that was gone for five years, I shouldn't even have had the right to state that I missed him and wanted to spend time with him if I had only been there five days, when he didn't have me for five years.

"Lexi, there's nothing that Hiccup would like more than to spend time with you. Trust me, I know it" then why hadn't he said something? He had known me for six years! He knew I love spending time with him! He shouldn't be embarrassed to ask!

"Maybe I just need to wait for him to ask, I don't wanna seem so needy..." I said doubtful.

"Lexi, there's no way Hiccup will think you are needy. You are his best friend!" I smiled, but I still wasn't sure "In fact, you know what? He's in his house right now, you are gonna go down there and tell him 'Hiccup, I want to spend some quality time with my best friend 'and that's it! You have your date!" I decided to ignore the fact that she meant 'date' as in romantic date.

"But what if he's busy? I mean, he's about to become chief, so he sure has a lot of work to do. And besides, he is still trying to find new species of dragons..."

"Lexa, quit stalling and just go" I stopped talking and looked at her. She was smiling back at me, encouraging me. I took a deep breath and nodded.

"You're right, you're right, I'm asking him. Wish me luck"

"Good luck" and with that, I went out of the hall and outside the village.

"There you are!" I turned around to find Snotlout approaching me and I rolled my eyes, continuing walking as if I had never heard him, but he followed me and stepped in my way. I scoffed.

"What do you want?" I asked bluntly, crossing my arms.

"Are you busy?" oh gods, he really, really, didn't give up.

"Not really, I was just pretending you didn't exist" I said with a deadpan face.

"Oh, good, because...Wait, what?" I asked the gods to give me patience and replied:

"Snotlout, for like the seventh time, and, hopefully, the last one, I'm not interested!" what did I have to do to make him understand? Honestly! It was getting annoying! At least Tuffnut wasn't there.

"Lexa, there you are!" 

I spoke too soon. 

It was like they had some kind of radar! Every time one of them was talking to me, the other suddenly appeared.

I turned around and saw him smiling at me, with a really ridiculous smile by the way "I was wondering if you wanted to hang out later" 

NO! I DIDN'T!