Chapter 12 (F)

I was so pissed off, so angry! I didn't know what was up with Hiccup, he was acting like I was not there, like I didn't exist! It was so annoying.

It started a few days ago, I'm not going to tell you the whole situation because it isn't something I wanted to remember, to sum up: one day I went to look for Hiccup for our usual races, I knocked, he opened, said he couldn't, and slammed the door on my face. On my face.

I didn't make a big deal about it, I just thought he was tired or that he was working on some other project, he didn't like to be bothered while doing that, so I could understand. I decided I would talk to him about it the next day.

But, surprise! The next day, when I found him in the great hall, reading a book while eating breakfast, he ignored me completely; I was angry then, but nothing more. 

What really pissed me off was that, later that day, I went to look for him, again, to his house (I didn't know why I was even trying), but he wasn't there! Stoick told me he had gone to do some research to the Cove. When I arrived there, he wasn't anywhere to be found, and neither was Toothless. That was it.

I knew that he could go to ride Toothless on his own whenever he wanted, that was what I did with Thunderlight at midnight, but was it a coincidence that it was the same exact time of our races? I didn't think so.

Thunderlight nudged my hand, which, I hadn't noticed, had turned into a fist because of the anger.

"I'll come later, bud, for our flight, remember?" he growled happily, and I forced a tiny smile before leaving him.

Since I had punched Snotlout in the face, the teens didn't bother me anymore. They weren't my friends but, at least, they weren't my enemies, either. They were acquaintances.

I didn't like eating in the hall before because of them, they used to bother me, and I wasn't going to make a scene in front of everyone. When I punched the Viking, it was just me, him and his friends, not the entire village, but the hall was a communal center, which meant every single Viking ate there.

Anyways, back then, they wouldn't let me grab my food, so I just made my own in my house. It wasn't that I suddenly began liking it but, at least, I could eat in peace.

When I got into the building, I could see Snotlout, the twins, Fishlegs, Astrid and...Hiccup?! Of course, he stood me up, and then appeared in the hall like nothing ever happened. Hypocrite.

I approached their table, when Snotlout and Fishlegs saw me; they backed off a little bit. Great, now they were scared of me. I didn't want them to bother me, but I didn't want them to be afraid of me either.

Astrid was focused on her things, the twins were fighting and Hiccup...Was ignoring me, again.

I grabbed my dinner, went to sit to the furthest table, and stayed there, though I wasn't hungry anymore. I played with my food with the fork, not grabbing a single thing.

I raised my head a little bit towards the teens' table, and I swear I saw Hiccup staring at me, but he lowered his head quickly, or he never raised it in the first place and I was just imagining things.

I got up, leaving the dish on my table, and was about to go home, when I heard someone calling for me or, at least, that's what I thought, because they said 'You!'

 I turned around, expecting to see Hiccup, but instead I saw...Astrid? I looked around, but no one else was standing up, so I frowned and stared back at her.

"Are you talking to me?" I asked pointing to myself.

"Is there anyone else called Alexa here?" I shook my head still confused.