Chapter 24

"I thought I would have to die before we'd have that dance again" said Stoick once the song and the awkward situation were finished. I was sure there was still blush left in my cheeks.

"No need for drastic measures" replied Valka as Stoick kneeled down with one knee and grabbed her hand.

"For you, my dear, anything" he loved her so much and it was so romantic, I didn't know he had it in him. I always saw him as a big, tough Viking with little time for romanticism, but I was wrong. You should never judge a book by its cover, bare that in mind "Will you come home, Val? Will you be my wife once again?" we all looked at her expectantly. She smiled, while Toothless came behind her and pushed her towards the chief, making all of us chuckle. Toothless was so sweet and cute.

Hiccup walked towards them, too, while I stayed in my place with Thunderlight besides me so as not to interfere "We can be a family!" he put his arm around Hiccup, while he smiled happily and looked at his mother with hope "What do you say?"

"Yes" said Valka almost in a whisper, and they all hugged like the family they were. I looked at them smiling; it reminded me of me and my parents, again, but I took a hold of myself this time and went towards Thunderlight. I rubbed his snout and he purred happily.

I still had him, and I hoped I always did.

Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw someone stretching their hand out; it was Hiccup, and behind him, his family (Along with Gobber) was smiling at me. They wanted me to join their family hug, but I shook my head.

"It's okay" I didn't want to interfere.

"You're part of this family too, Lexa" said Valka.

"Thank you, but-" I got cut off by Thunderlight pushing me forward, and Hiccup grabbing me before falling down. I looked at my pet dragon reproachfully.

"Thank you" said Hiccup looking at the Windstriker.

"If I'm coming, you are coming, too" I said to my dragon sternly, before joining the hug, while Thunderlight snuggled up close to us.

"Thank Odin you two didn't listen to me. We never would have found each other" said Stoick taking Valka's hands and staring at us. I smiled in response as they both walked away but, soon enough, our dragons growled. I frowned and looked at Thunderlight, who was looking at me with worry in his eyes, with Toothless alert.

"What's wrong, bud?" asked Hiccup to the Night Fury, just as we saw through the opening that all the dragons were flying away from the sanctuary.

"What's going on?" I questioned, looking at all of them. Valka walked towards the ice ledge, and we followed behind. What I saw was horrible.

Millions of battle ships and thousands of men were below us, ready for war.

Drago had arrived.

Just when everything seemed okay, he decided to appear. Yeah, sure, but what about five days earlier when we were all busy worrying whether he would come or not to make just one happy memory? We were ready for him back then, but not now!

We should have guessed, though, villains attacked when least expected.

"Oh, no" muttered Hiccup at my side. I couldn't talk, couldn't move, I couldn't do anything. If Drago was there, that meant that our dragons were in danger, too. Toothless, Skullcrusher, Cloudjumper, Grump, Thunderlight...All of them. We, the people, knew what we were up against, but it would be hard to win if Drago was as dangerous as everyone claimed he was.

All of the Haddocks marched back inside the cave, but I was stuck in my place, watching all of those battleships and the dragons flying into war. It wasn't until Hiccup came back that I was able to react.