I'm Alive!

Chara's POV:

My whole body hurts, my head especially. I finally felt something, in so long. I thought I must be dreaming or something. I finally woke up, I realized I could touch everything around me. When I finally managed to sit, I looked around a little bit. I was sitting on a pile of golden flowers, just like when Asriel laid me down when my soul separated from my body. Strangely, I could breathe fresh air, I could sense the smell of the gorgeous golden flowers. I began to touch every inch of my face and body. I couldn't believe it. I was alive.

Why, I thought my soul was lost forever, since Asriel died, no one else had to take care of my soul. I tried to get up, but I got really dizzy and I fell down on the pile of the golden flowers again. I shook my head a little bit covering my face. I was as cold as ice so I tried to close my eyes and feel that coldness spreading through my face. I didn't know what to do, I was hungry, well, who wouldn't be after being dead for few years now. When I finally managed to stand on my both two feet, I heard a really familiar voice with another voice I've heard when I was dead. I followed the sound of the two children laughing throughout the garbage dump. I hid over the pile of echoflowers, noticing two kids laughing and playing around. My heart skipped a beat when I saw them. Those were Asriel and, by how far I've known, Frisk, the last fallen human who came after me. I watched them mercy every single monster, in the underground. I was so thrilled with their determination.

''Hey! Did you hear something? I thought it was coming from there!'' - Asriel pointed at the echoflowers where I was hiding, what if they heard me? I'm trying so hard not to make a sound, but I forgot how to control my breath after how long I've been dead.

''No, I'm sorry Azzy, I was too occupied by your story to hear anything...'' - Frisk answered shyly. They seemed really nice, I, honestly, wanted to get to know them, after all those fights, and their kindness towards every monster, even towards mom and dad, and especially Asriel, I really wanted to get to know them. I was relieved when they said they didn't hear anything though, so I exhaled a lot of air.

''Frisk! I heard it again! What if someone has been stalking us!?'' - Asriel raised his tone.

''Hold on a second, I think I see someone behind those echoflowers, hold on to me Asriel.''

If I stand up and run away, they'll see me, they'll probably run after me, if I stay here, they'll find me. What should I do!? I panicked, so I just sit there covering myself up as much as I could.

I could hear and sense they were getting closer to me. I'm so dead if they find out I'm alive.

''Chara?'' - I heard a soft goat's voice raising.

I trembled a bit uncovering my eyes, I could've sense my nose hurting a little bit as tears started filling my eyes.

''A-Asriel?'' - I raised my voice a little bit, as I stood up looking at him with tears running down my cheeks.

The goat boy didn't say anything, he seemed shocked to see me, Frisk was unaware of who I was, so they didn't say anything either, I guess they were just confused to see me here.
We just stared at each other in silence. Until Asriel finally broke down in tears.

''Chara, I...I...'' - He paused, tears ran down his furry cheeks. He looked pleasantly surprised but at the same time really angry. He covered his face with his paw falling down on his knees. Frisk tried to held him as much as possible.

''...Chara, I thought you were dead...where have you been all this time...I've missed you so much.'' - Asriel replied softly.

I couldn't say much, so I just stood there in silence, frowned as I tried to speak, but something was holding me down. I tried so hard to let the sound of my voice out, but there was nothing. I wish I could speak up, but I was too afraid what will they say. How can I even explain what happened, when I don't know what happened myself. I was so confused, but yet so happy. I can finally be with my best friend. But will he take me back? What will mom and dad say? I killed myself right in front of them. After that incident, I couldn't look at dad's face. What if they are angry at me? No words can explain how much fear I feel. And it hurts, so, so bad. Because of this I wish I didn't come back to life.
I sensed someone staring at me, I was too afraid to look who was that.

''Are you the first fallen child?'' - A soft voice asked me with a huge smile - ''Asriel told me so much about you. He seems to really care about you. It's Chara, isn't it? I'm Frisk, I'm the eighth fallen child.'' - The child reached out for my hand, I looked up to them, and served them with a warm smile.

''I-I'm Chara...it's nice to meet you Frisk, you know I was there w-'' - My voice broke for a second. What is wrong with me, what am I thinking? Should I tell them I was there with them, watched them fight all along. They'll think I'm a psycho, a stalker! I heard them laugh, Asriel seemed to calm down a bit too, they just wiped his tears away.

''It's nice to see you again Chara'' - A goat boy said - ''I'm sorry I attacked you with questions, I know it's probably hard for you to explain all this, I'm just glad you're back.''

Asriel stood up and took me by the hand and pulled me in his embrace. It felt so warm, I missed this, I missed Asriel, I missed my best friend, this is all I've needed at the moment.

We stood like that for a while, until Asriel finally let go of me. I felt my cheeks turned slightly red, he and Frisk just laughed. I felt Frisk keeping an eye on me, what do they want? I'm not going to ask them just yet, they'll probably assume I'm a freak if I do. My curiosity won this time and I looked up to them, they seemed to be smiling at me the whole time. I turned even more red and took my sight back to the ground.

''Hey! We should probably tell mom and dad that Chara is back!'' Asriel suggested.

I panicked - ''W-wait! No!''