Family Reunion

Chara's POV: 

I didn't know Frisk wanted me to teach them how to draw, I was pleasantly surprised. It was kind of fun I suppose. It has been a long time since I last drew something, I remember drawing with Asriel daily, my biological family never understood why I found happiness in drawing or knitting, it was nice to finally have family who doesn't find that silly or ''worthless''. As far as I know, Frisk was a complete opposite of me. I didn't like adventures, I would love to stay indoors with Asriel as much as possible, I liked to draw, paint, write, read and play piano from time to time. It was the only way I would have a complete freedom to express myself. 

Frisk, however, was a pure adventurist, they had a heart of a true warrior, they were brave and fearless, although they were fragile and not so strong physically, their determination was the key to keep them going. It was what I admired the most about them. Whenever they were put on the test, they wouldn't crack, they would stay strong and proud. Even if it would kill them thousand times, they would come back stronger than before. I wish I was like that.

Although now, humans and monsters live in peace, here underground their school is slightly different than up there, so both Frisk and I are studying at home with mom, while Asriel goes to school. He should be back home in withing two hours now. I love spending time with Asriel, but it makes me happy to spend some time alone with Frisk. 

''Look Chara!'' - Frisk said with a smile and turned around to me, they were so happy over a drawing I didn't put a lot of effort in, which is kinda embarrassing because I can do a lot better. But I just smiled back. 
''I'm glad you like it Frisk!'' 
''Are you kidding me? I love it! You're really talented Chara!'' - they giggled. I just blushed.
''I-It's not talent, it takes a lot practice though...'' - I rubbed the back of my head awkwardly. 
''I hope I'll become at least as half as good as you are, Chara'' - They sat on their bed and smiled. 

They were surely really optimistic. Unlike other humans, who were often dragging me down with their hate for others and their pessimism. I became fully influenced by their depression, I ended up being one of it's victim. I feel blessed to be around Frisk, Asriel and mom, they seem to be really understanding towards me, and they are also spreading so much good energy. 

''Chara, are you okay?'' - I heard Frisks voice calling out for me. I just gave them a blank stare and shook my head. 
''Yeah, sorry about that, I was just thinking...'' - I respond. 
They got up and sat beside me. The whole world completely went silent. It felt like nothing was here except the two of us together in silence. 
I sensed Frisk was looking at me. Frisk knew something was up, I felt it. 

''You must really hate it up here if you decided to stay here with mom, is that what's on your mind?'' - They asked. 
I nodded and frowned. I didn't know what more to say. There isn't much to talk about either.  I felt their warm hands wrapped around my shoulders, as they laid their head close to mine. They were so warm, there was so much love and hope flowing in withing them. I was the opposite, my arms were always so cold, just like the tip of my nose and the tips of my toes. I hardly could feel any warmness inside of me. I'm sure they felt all of the coldness flowing from withing me. 

''You like that, don't you Chara?'' - They asked.  I simply looked over to them and nodded. 
''What's that, cat got your tongue so you can't speak?'' - They chuckled. I laughed. 
''I like it, Frisk'' - I said as I tried to hold in the laughter - ''You know, you don't have to be so frisky about it.~'' 
We both tried to hold in our laugher, but it was no use, we were dying out of laughter in just within few seconds. 

''Is everything okay there?'' - We heard Toriel yelling from the hallway. 
''We're okay mom!'' - Frisk responded giggling. 
''Do you kids wanna come to the living room with me? I hope you do not plan on staying in the bedroom the whole day long.'' 
''We're coming mom, just give us a minute'' - Frisk looked over to me as they said. 

Frisk took me by the hand as we left our bedroom. Honestly, I really was looking forward to spend some quality time with mom and them. The hallway was flowers, and by the end of it there was one huge mirror. There were few small lamps attached to the walls. 
When we came to the living room, there was a huge butterscotch-cinnamon pie waiting for us on the table. The smell of it brought me back to the past and reminded me of everything. No, I'm not going to bring the past hold me down. I shrugged and looked over to Toriel. She comforted us with a warm smile. 

''Well then, my children, sit down, and let's enjoy this pie, Asriel should be here any minute now'' - She seemed really happy. 
We sat down on the table, it felt just like the old good days. 

''Should we wait for Asriel or can we-'' 
''Hey mom! Hey Frisk! Hey Chara!'' - a soft voice came from a goat boy. 
''Well, speaking of devil, he came before you could've even ask'' - I whispered to Frisk as they chuckled. 
''Come my child, we've all been waiting for you, I backed a pie for all of us to enjoy.'' 
Asriel put his backpack aside and slowly approached us, sitting next to me. He smiled. He seemed happy, something must have happened in school. 
''Asriel, mind if you tell us why are you so happy?'' - Frisk thought the same thing as I did and went ahead and asked him. Asriel smiled, and take a good look to each one of us. 
''I came back from it, and I'm spending wonderful time with my family. I'm so happy we're all together here.'' - He said with his soft voice. I have to admit, it made me blush. He was always such a sweetheart. He didn't change not even a bit. 

''Who's hungry?'' - Frisk asked again. 
''I am!'' - Asriel answered quickly.
''I am too!'' - I said right after him. 

Toriel giggled a little, and gave each one of us a slice of her delicious butterscotch-cinnamon pie. I took a bit of it, and it tastes just as good as before. Just enough of sugar with a bit of spice coming from cinnamon. But there's only one thing better than her butterscotch-cinnamon pie. Chocolate.