Kings Precious Little Flower

Charas POV:

''Father, it's me, your child, Chara.'' - I said with a shaky voice. 

Asgore turned around. I saw fear in his eyes. He instantly threw his watering can down and took a step back. I tried to stay as calm as possible, although my hands were shaking and I was covered in a cold sweat. Frisk shoved their hand in mine just when I thought I might break, this gave me determination to look my beloved father Asgore straight to his face. 

''My child, could it really be?'' - He mumbled something into his chest, but it was clear what he said. I stood still, my head up high, my lips trembling, and shivers running through my whole body. But I didn't break, I felt stronger than ever, all thanks to Frisk.

''It really is me, father.'' - I said loud and proud. 

He slowly approached me, I squeezed Frisks hand tight. His steps were long, but he wasn't slow. When he approached Frisk and I, we froze. Frisk especially. I could feel they were much more frightened than I was. He just stared at us for a moment. His voice was completely inaudible. Finally, he spoke with his deep voice. 

''How is this even possible, my little buttercup?'' - Asked our beloved king and father. 
''Frisks determination brought my soul back to my body, so...I'm not alive, I'm not sure myself.'' - I answered with a frown. 

Asgore knelled in front of us, tapping my shoulder lightly. In that huge beard, there was a little smile coming from him, he chuckled and looked at Frisk, then, he looked at me aswell. 

''Welcome home young one, we missed you.'' - He pat the top of my head with that giant dorky smile of his. He was a good man, I can't believe he actually killed 6 humans. That seems so unlike him. 

The king might seem dangerous, but, in fact, he was a giant fluff ball, and he had a really warm heart. He was a great ruler, and I honestly wish that didn't change. I'm really sad that he doesn't live with mom now, it's kind of weird to think of her as a caretaker of the ruins instead of a gorgeous queen of the underground. Asgore seems quite down himself. I really dislike to pity anyone, but he really does seem to much different without Toriel by his side. 

King stood up after a while, he seemed pleased to see us. He seemed like the old good him, but Toriels missing piece really was visible through him. 

''Would you kids like some tea?'' - The usual, he invited everyone who would visit him a cup of tea. I guess, that much didn't change as I expected it to. Frisk looked at me with a warm smile, I looked back at them and nodded. 

''We'd love to!'' 

''Well then, children, follow me.'' - Asgore said, he lead us through his castle, there was a secret place which he showed only to Asriel and me, we would usually stay here to play with him, draw and drink tea of course. Frisk is here for the first time, I can tell by their amazed face expression. It was adorable, I wish I could look at them for the rest of my life.

Frisk cling onto my arm, their eyes slowly started to close down, no matter how hard they tried to keep them open, it was probably because of this night. They sure were the early bird, but they did sleep a lot as well. They couldn't function without at least 8 hours of sleep a day. As they almost tripped down, I held them close and tight as we continued to follow dad to our own little room I used to share with Asriel, too bad he isn't with us.

There we were, dad, Asriels and mine tea party room. It was right behind dads throne. No one knew where those big doors lead to except for us. This room brought so many good memories for me, and for Frisk, they seemed impressed by all this. Although this place was quite small comparing to the whole castle, it was pretty comfortable and nice to spend time in. 
Our small table with two thrones for Asriel and I were still here!. I took Frisk by their hand and I placed them on the throne where Asriel used to sit. They looked so beautiful, just like the true ruler of the underground. Dad laughed at Frisk, as they really did look really tired. 

''Alright kids, I'm gonna prepare some homemade tea is that's okay with both of you.'' - He said softly. 
''Mhm'' - we both nodded and smiled, Frisk was in a ''half sleep'', I took their hand and kissed it and I caressed it. 

''Frisk, rest my dear, it's safe here, it's okay. I'm sorry about tonight, I know you're really tired.'' - I whispered to them. 
''I-It's okay Chara...I'm glad I could help you.'' - They said as they yawned. As soon as they said it, they were asleep. It was adorable, I never got to watch them sleep. I wiped their fringe by side and kissed their forehead.  

It took a while for the water to boil, so it gave me more than enough time to watch over Frisk as they were asleep. When the tea was ready and Asgore came back to see us, he gave me a little smirk. He looked like he was about to laugh, but decided rather not to. 

''Frisk is asleep huh? What happened?'' - he asked out of curiosity. 
''They didn't sleep much this night dad, they are really tired.'' - I haven't took a single sight away from Frisk, but what I said made me blush. I usually didn't have problems with lying to others if it was necessary, but this made me think of all that happened today. I didn't feel like I could tell that to dad. I'm sure he would understand, but it was a bit too awkward to tell him that I found myself a partner that I adore and cherish. Right?

''Well I guess this tea is only for you and me then? It will cool down when Frisk wakes up'' - Asgore chuckled. 
''Seems like it, but I'm fine with being like this with you dad.'' - I looked at him and gave him a warm smile. 
And he retrieved it back.