Our First Kiss

Frisk's POV: 

Right after Asriel came back from school, it was already getting darker outside. We gathered around the table and enjoyed the wonderful pie mom made us. We spend few hours joking around and listening to the mom's stories from her childhood. It was truly magical. Everyone seemed so happy, including Chara. Chara seemed to be really happy, although they were really silent the whole time. Asriel payed careful attention to his mother. We all soon became really tired and sleepy, so we decided we will head to bed. Asriel, Chara and I ran to the bathroom to brush our teeth, after we finished, Asriel went to his own bedroom and we went to ours. Just as we usually would. But this night was slightly different than the other ones. Chara couldn't sleep. They seemed to have awful nightmares. 

I heard trembling sounds from their bed, they were whimpering really loud. I turned on the bed lamp next to me, they were under their sheet. I bit my lip and got out of the bed and slowly ran to them. I pat them through the sheet. I could feel their pain. Chara was crying. I didn't know why. But, Chara was crying. 

''Chara...Chara...'' - I tried to reach out to them. 
''Chara, are you awake? Please answer me'' - I asked, they seemed to calm down a bit. They uncovered themselves and gave me the most horrifying face covered in tears. I haven't seen someone in such a pain for a long time. They turned their head aside and covered their face. I sat right beside them slowly caressing their shoulder. 

''C-Can you sleep with me tonight? I don't think I'll be able to make it through the night alone...'' - Chara said in whisper. I smiled and laid them softly on the bed. I snuggled close to them covering us both with their sheet, it was pretty big and quite warm. I felt Chara gripping me tight. They were shivering, so I just pulled them closer and stroked their hair gently. Chara's hair was really silky to touch. I heard them crying and whimpering more, so I pushed their head on my chest really gently. They took few deep breaths with each whimper, it seemed to be working. Chara slowly calmed down. Chara was now in my arms, with one of my head interlocked in their hair and with the other one slowly rubbing their back. 

''Chara, what was all that for?'' - I asked after some time passed and they calmed down. 
''I don't know Frisk...it just happens, it's out of my control sometimes.'' 
I didn't know what to say. Honestly, I don't know what I was expecting from them to tell me. An explanation? Maybe, all that matters now is that Chara is okay. I moved their fringes aside and kissed their forehead. They snuggled their head in my neck. I giggled, they were simply adorable. I feel so happy that I could be there for them. 

As I didn't turn the lamp off, I could clearly see them, I think they finally fell asleep. I found them so irresistible.  So I stroked their cheek and I lowered my head close to Chara. I pressed my lips against theirs, they were still warm, a bit salty from all of the tears they've cried this night. I didn't felt like waking them up, so I backed off with my head and closed my eyes. Soon enough I fell asleep. 

It was around 9 AM when we both woke up. I opened my eyes, I was sleeping face to face with Chara, when I opened my eyes, Charas huge red eyes were staring at me full of love. I blushed deeply as I remembered what I did while they were sleeping. 

''Frisk, are you okay?'' - They asked; ''L-Look, I'm sorry for scaring you last night like that...I haven't had a breakdown in so long, I forgot how awful it can be, please don't feel bad for that...'' 
''Chara...'' - That's right...they don't remember, they were asleep. Thank goodness. 
''Frisk, I'm really sorry you had to see me like that.'' - They frowned. 
''Chara, don't blame yourself for this. I understand.'' - I gave them a warm smile. 
Chara looked at me again, and this time, I felt something strange. Something I never felt before. Their warm eyes made my pulse go faster. It's like, my stomach was suddenly tied in knots. My hands started shaking, I just laughed it off. 
''I-I'm sorry Chara, I don't know what's going on...'' 

Chara looked at me again, kissed my cheek and hugged me. 
''Thank you Frisk.'' - they said. I calmed down, but, I felt my cheeks burning. Do I have a fever? Impossible, I was never prone to illnesses. But, it feels...nice? 
''Frisk?'' 
''U-uh! Sorry Chara!'' - I giggled awkwardly; ''Should we get up?'' 
Chara shook their head - ''I don't wanna leave the bed yet, and I like just lying down with you like this.'' 
''Fine, I guess mom wouldn't mind if we stayed in our room for a little longer'' - I said. 

I held Chara in my arms for a little longer. They didn't feel so cold as they used to. They seemed to be doing much better than last night too. I wonder what that was for. I highly doubt there wasn't a specific reason for it. 
''Do you believe in love at first sight?'' - They said as their look was lost somewhere. I couldn't tell where. 
''What are you talking about now silly?'' 
''Well, when you first look at someone, and you instantly know, yeah, that's my soulmate.'' - They said. I could tell they were serious about this. I was unsure about who they were talking about, but it made me feel quite bad, I don't know why. 
''I don't think it's possible, at least not for me.'' - I said. 
''No, no, I mean, when you first glanced at someone's eyes. Have you ever thought of that?'' - Chara kept asking. And honestly, this one, really got my attention. 
''So?'' - They asked. 
I wasn't sure how to respond to that. I guess they were right. This thing that I'm feeling, could it actually be love? 

''Is that a yes?'' - Chara asked, and I couldn't think of anything to say, so I just nodded. 
They chuckled and looked at me. God, they were so perfect in every way you could put them. 
''So? Who is he, or she? Why don't you tell me something about them, maybe then I'll tell you something about someone I admire a lot. How is that?'' - They put on the brightest smile I could think of. 

I turned all red all of a sudden,  I couldn't look at them in the eyes and say it myself. I felt a familiar cold fingers interlocking with mine in within a second, I turned my head and there they were. They stroked my cheek, they looked at me and then pointed their stare on my lips, and then back to my eyes. I smiled, I was aware of who they had feelings for. And, I guess they knew about me too. They moved close to me, and I did the same to them. Soon we both closed our eyes. Everything soon disappeared, and I could feel their soft lips pressed against mine, I kissed them back placing my hand on their cheek. Their cheeks were burning, I sensed a soft shiver throughout out kiss. The kiss was passionate, and it meant something for both of us. 

Chara pulled away from the kiss and blushed deeply. I finally saw the spark in their eyes. That pure happiness was back. I gave them a warm smile in return. 

They took a deep breath and glanced at me saying - ''I love you, Frisk.''