Mommy's Little Rebel

Toriel's POV: 

The children came back after three hours, I honestly expected them to be there until at least 6 PM, or to be exact, when Asriel comes back from school. 

''You two came back earlier than I expected, were you two good?'' - I asked them. They just nodded and I let them come inside. 

''Sooo, how was it there with Asgore my children?'' - I didn't really like the fact that they were at Asgores place, but it looks like he didn't harm them. That's...good, I was really worried after what he has done to those six children that fell down after Chara, although he loved Chara like they were his biological child. 

''It was good, Frisk fell asleep, they were really tired'' - Chara said, they were gazing at Frisk the whole time. This looks really familiar...That was the same way that Chara used to look at Asriel. Those kids are probably up to something. 

''Oh, is that so? Are you having trouble sleeping Frisk?'' - I asked Frisk and gave them a soft smile. 
''It was just tonight, I was thinking about that whole being an ambassador of monsters thing, it's nothing important mom'' - They smiled towards me. 
''Is everything alright about that whole thing, I haven't seen anyone calling you from the ambassador of humans?'' - I was kinda curious if this was really the cause or if they were lying... 
''Nope, they didn't, it kinda worries me though, I guess everything's alright up there and it seems like humans are not bothered by the monsters after all.'' - They looked like their thoughts were in a completely different place. I guess I won't get anything out of these two that easily as it was with Asriel and Chara. 

''Mom, is there any chocolate here?'' - Chara asked me. Oh how could I even forget, Chara was always thirsty for chocolate. 
''There are few bars in the fridge, my child'' - I smiled towards them, they smiled back and they left. 

''Psst, mom, can I ask you something?'' - Frisk whispered towards me. 
''What is it my child?'' - I tried to stay as quiet as possible. 
''Why does Chara hate humanity so much, they told me a little bit about their past, but I highly doubt that's all.'' - They looked down, it seems like they care a lot about Chara. 
''I'll tell you once I give a task for Asriel and Chara when Asriel comes back from school, alright my child?'' - I came up with a good idea, and Frisks seems to approve it as the nodded and smiled. 

''What's with all that whispering? Have I missed something out?'' - Chara asked as they came back with a chocolare bar in their hand and sat down with their legs crossed on the table. 
''No my child, Frisk had some private questions for me, you know, human puberty and stuff.'' - I tried to come up with the best lie, so they won't bother asking.
''Oh, okay, I don't think I wanna know, are you gonna be okay with handling that alone mom?'' - Chara asked. I nodded and gave Frisk a little wink, Frisk giggled. 

Chara was always a rebel, they had a beautiful souls towards us monsters, they never harmed anyone but themselves. Chara adores monsters, ever since they fell here, hoping to end their life here, they were thrilled by the monsters. They never laid a single finger on any of us. But as for humans, it wasn't the same. Chara hates humanity, as humans were always afraid of everything different, and everything they didn't understand. Yes, humans were and still are way more powerful than us monsters, but Chara was not either a human nor a monster. They were biologically a human, not to give the wrong impression, but there were nothing like other humans.  

Chara was devoted to those who have earned their respect and loyalty, Chara is a strong minded individual and they always go for what they want and they won't be led astray, but, they keep everything for themselves, but want to know a whole book about you. Yeah, that's Chara. They are dangerous if you try to pick on them, but also probably the most loving creature I've met. Frisk and Asriel are full of love, but their love is shown towards everyone, and for Chara, that's not the cause. They show love and affection towards those who deserve it. Their actions are always misunderstood as rudeness, but they are just being honest. That's why they are truly special. Every single on of them is special. But those traits really do make Chara to stand out of all of them. 

''I'm back!!!'' - I heard Asriels voice coming from the hallway. 
''Asriel! We are here, and I want you and Chara to do something for me after you take a little break with us!'' - I chuckled, already knowing his reaction. 
''Oh man, do I really have to? I had a rough day at school mom...'' - Asriel said as he came to the living room with us, he looked pretty tired. 
''What happened my child?'' - I got a little curious. 
''We had music class today, Mettaton seriously killed us.'' - He rolled his eyes as he sat next to Chara, Chara was just nomming on their chocolare bar. 
''Oh my, you know you can't change Mettaton right, he was always like this.'' - I giggled a little. 
''I know mom, I know, but it was seriously exhausting. Thank god we only have him twice a week, otherwise I'd already be deep down buried in my grave.'' - He smirked.
''I'll make you all some tea, how is that?'' - I asked them, they all agreed, so I left the living room for a while.

''How do you never get fat, you are seriously binging on that chocolate!'' - I heard Asriel picking up on Chara playfully from the living room. 
''Not my fault that I have fast metabolism.'' - Chara smirked, they all laughed. 

It took a while for a water to boil. But when it was finally done I put some homegrown chamomile and strained it. I came back and my children were as good as always. 

''It's done, I hope you'll enjoy it, it's made with extra LOVE'' - I said as I handed everyone their own cups. Frisk took the first sip and they smiled at me. 
''It's so good! I don't think I've tried your chamomile tea before mom!'' - Frisk said. 
''Is it really that good?'' - Chara glanced at them as they smirked. 
''Mhm! Try it Chara!'' - Frisk was really excited to see Charas face when they drank their first sip. Charas opened their eyes wide as they took a sip. 
''Woah mom, it's really good!'' - Chara was really surprised. 
''Well, it's my mom, what else did you expect, don't you remember how she used to make tea Chara?'' - Asriel asked. 
''I kinda did, you know, I don't remember everything, you should understand that the most Asriel, we were both dead once.'' - Chara slapped Asriels shoulder playfully. 

Some time has passed and I finally came up with the idea to keep Chara and Asriel distracted. 
''Asriel, Chara, would you mind if I keep you busy for a while, if you do I might let you buy few chocolate bars?'' - I chuckled. 
''.....I'm listening'' - Chara seemed dead serious about this, it was adorable. 
''I made a list of things I need for tomorrows dinner, we'll have guests, so if you two would be so kind to go buy them it would be amazing.'' - I smiled as I gave them the list. I just took few of the ingredients that I lacked; milk, sunflower oil, 20 eggs, butter, flour, ginger, cinnamon, coconut crumbs, and I added three chocolate bars for Chara. I gave them a little more money than I should have, but I think I can trust them. 

''Okay, doesn't seem like too big of a problem, right Chara?'' - Asriel asked Chara as they were looking through the list. 
''Nhm...it's not too big of a problem, I think we can finish this really quick.'' - Chara answered. 
''Alright! We're off to go mom, see you then!'' - They headed out to the hallway, put on their boots and coats and ran out. 

''Are we really having guests tomorrow?'' - Frisk asked. 
''Well, yeah, I could've do this myself, but since you wanted to talk, I thought it won't be a problem for them to do that instead.'' - I chuckled. 
''So, what's the big deal with Chara and humanity mom?'' - Frisk was serious about this. I took a deep breath and glanced at them. 
''Promise me you won't look at Chara in any other way when I tell you this, okay Frisk?'' - I was really worried when I said that. I don't think this is a good idea either, but Frisk is a good child, they would never harm Chara. 
''I promise.'' - Frisk answered determined.