1.Shots

Lola P.O.V

I was tired as well I walked up the stairs to the 7th floor. I was sick of all these people in the wall way but not much I can do since Fred the building owner was with them.

"Hey Lola!" Some of the guys yelled at me.

"Fuck you guy!" I yelled back and they all laughed at me.

"Fucking lossers." I said pushing my door open.

I locked the door behind me like always you can never be to careful. The amount of drug dealers and druggies that are in the building at all times I had to waste money and put a new lock on. I dropped my bag on the couch and took off my shoes and bra first. I sat down and looked at the shit whole of place I have. I stood walking to the kitchen and looked around for food when i heard a loud knock on my door.

"I'm coming!"I yelled rolling my eyes.

"Can I get a fucking moment away from this shit." I said pulling the door open.

"So angry all the time." Frost said as I looked at him.

"What do you want?" I asked him still angry.

"Come on Lola, That bitch was lying I would never cheat on you, in your own house." He said with a smiled.

"Get the fuck out of my face." I said slamming the door on him.

I don't like a lot of things but lying is the one thing that just sets me on fire. He cheated on me in my own house when I was at work. A drug dealing ass, who is in and out of jail got the best of me. I feel in love like a damn little girl and he cheated on me like I should have known. I walked to my bathroom and turned on the shower ready to forget about today.

"Lola!" Frost yelled though the door.

I walked out of the bathroom angry and wanting him to leave as I pulled my front door open. He gave me a little smirk and I wanted to hit him so damn bad.

"Leave." I said as calm as I could.

"Come on let me in and we can get high and then talk, just like when we were young." he siad showing me a bag of cocaine.

"You know I don't do that anymore and I dont want you in my damn place so leave. Don't know on my door again." I said slamming it hard this time.

"Fuck you then bitch!" He yelled though the door.

I flipped the door off as I headed back to the bathroom. It was only 9:00 and the night was lasting to long but not like I was look forward to the day. Another day of hard work for only 11 dollars an hour. I got into the shower and relaxed for a moment as the hot water hit my skin making me feel a little better. I stepped out and headed into my bedroom and this was the moment I missed Frost the most, sex. I walked over to my clothest and pulled the door open and looked at the poster I kept in there.

"One day." I said looking at the poster for Chamberlain College of Nursing.

It was the only thing I wanted in life to go to school to become a Nurse. I wanted to get closer to saving lives then what I am, and the money wasn't bad either. I got dressed when i heard another knock on my door and I huffed.

"Go away Frost!" I just yelled this time.

"It's your mother." I heard back and I huffed harder.

I walked to the door and opened it and looked at my super skinny mother.

"What do you want now?" I said to her and she frowed.

"You still owe me 20 dollars." She said quickly while she was shaking.

"I'm not giving you drug money." I said low to her.

"I'm your mother and you won't help me?" She asked trying to make me feel guilty but I still didn't.

"I'm not going to help you killer yourself." I said back to her.

"Oh but it was okay when I was getting you high. You've only been clean for two years have you forgotten about me in that time?" She asked me and I frowned.

"I don't care about that anymore, that's not me anymore so leave." I yelled trying to close the door.

"Wait." She said pushing back.

She pulled back her coat showing me a gun and I froze not knowing what she would do for a fix. I moved back from her and she walked in and looked at me.

"I'm trying not to do anything bad here Lola so just help me." She said looking around.

"No mom." I said and she huffed.

She rolled her eyes and pointed the gun at me as she moved around my place. She grabbed my phone, necklace, and my laptop and looked at me.

"Sorry baby girl." She said walking to the door.

I wanted to cry as I looked at her walk away with what little I really owned. She slammed the door and I heard someone yell her name. She said something back to that person when I heard Frost voice as well. After a moment I walked to the door and pulled it open a little seeing my mother with two guys. They both look like druggies like her as they fought over my stuff and my mother yelled at them again.

"Let it go." One of the men yelled pulling my laptop from her and she got mad.

The two me took everything from her and she started yelling at them as they walked away. I saw her pull out the gun and point to them and I closed the door scared of what I knew was coming next. I looked around and remembered I do have a house phone and I ran to it. She was about to kill two people over drug money. I called 911 and as the man picked up I heard to shots go off and I dropped the phone moving back. My mother pushed my door open running to me when she was shot in the back and I screamed. The two men looked to me but not the same ones as before.

"Get her!" Someone yelled behind them and I got up.

I ran to my bedroom and slammed the door behind me. I jumped out the window on to the fire escape running down fast.

"What the fuck!" I said to myself as I made it to the bottom and ran into the little store next to the building.