Ch. 7

Learning the choreo was turning out to be fun and fulfilling for Jessi.  She was having the time of her life dancing with the boys and exploring this new aspect of her life.  She has always loved to dance and sing, she had not once in her life considered doing it as a profession until she had entered Julliard.  Oh how she had wanted to finish her education there.  But her father's illness had taken a toll on their finances and she had to go home and help out as much as she could.  It had been the driving force in her getting job after job to cover the expenses in the house.  Her stepmother had never seemed interested in saving money instead of blowing through her dad's millions.  When she had found out that Jessi and Andrew had been loaded as well it has been like she had won the lottery for herself and her girls.  Jessi had finally taken the initiative to move all of her money to an account in Korea when it was decided that she would in fact be marrying Mark.  Her in-laws had helped her with that during one of their many visits to Korea to see Mark.  Andrew had even moved his money away from the clutches of his stepmother after paying off all of his father's bills and settling him with a great insurance that would help cover his expenses.  He and Jessi settled his funeral details together before she moved with Mark.  He would have a beautiful service if a private one with only close friends and family present.  

Her attention was focused on the moves that their coach was teaching them when the door opened and the girls from Twice walked in.  They were expecting to debut soon and wanted last minute advice from Got7.  A tall, slender girl glared daggers at Jessi as she approached Mark and gripped his hand, "Mark Oppa, will you give me advice on my debut?"  He extracted his hand from her and said, "Jeong Yeon, you will be great.  It's really no different from the survival show you guys went through."  She pouted and said, "But oppa, you were always more helpful before she came.  Won't you sit down with me?  We can get something to eat and everything."  He sighed and said, "Jeong Yeon, she is my wife.  I am in love with her.  Be polite, besides, she's an unni."  Jeong Yeon glared at Jessi before saying, "She's not even very pretty.  Fine, if you don't want to spend time with us then I am going to go and bother JB oppa."  Jessi sighed and glared at him before walking out of the room to get some air.  Mark grabbed her hand and pulled her back to him and kissed her, "Hey, settle down, babe.  Nothing has ever happened between me and her.  She's just a trainee and a friend."  Jessi closed her eyes and leaned her head against his chest, "Seeing her with her hands on you didn't sit well with me, Mark."  He smiled slightly and kissed her deeply and whispered against her lips, "I love you, babe.  No one is going to take me from you, alright?"  She nodded and let out a deep breath before saying, "I still need air, want to come up with me?"  He hummed and walked up onto the roof's patio and settled down with her on a picnic table and looked out at the city.  "Have I told you how beautiful I find you?"  She shook her head and whispered, "Not lately."  His arms were wrapped around her in a back hug as she leaned back against him.  "I really love being with you.  Thinking about all the time I wasted chasing other girls when I could have been with you this much sooner makes me mad at myself."  She smiled hearing that.  "You weren't ready for me yet, Mark."  He hummed and kissed her head and whispered, "I love having you with me.  I missed you when you weren't with me."

"I got a call yesterday from Dad and Andrew."  She said softly looking up at the sky, "His doctors placed him on hospice care now, it's coming."  He sighed sadly, "Are you wanting to fly home?"  She shook her head and said, "He told me not to come.  He said seeing us get married, seeing us off at the airport was enough for him.  He wants me to start fresh and set aside the pain and hardships I went through for him.  He wants me to stay here and focus on you and my career."  Mark sighed resting his chin on her head.  "We will send flowers when the time comes."  She nodded and said, "Andrew told me it won't be long now.  Dad is frail and bedridden now.  The pain meds he is on doesn't hold back the pain much.  The nurse comes everyday to check on him and told Andrew it would be amazing if he lasted the summer."  Mark kissed her temple and said, "I am with you, babe.  I will be here when he goes to help you through your grief."  She nodded and wiped her face.  The door opened and two girls walked out with her phone and Bambam.  Bambam handed it to her and said, "I answered, noona, it's Andrew hyung."  She nodded and held the phone up to her ear.  "Hi."