Ch. 14

JYP met Got7 and Mark's parents at the filming location with Nicky.  Jessi walked over and collected her son and kissed his cheek breathing in his scent before passing him to his father who did the same before carrying him and his bags to his parents.  Papa Tuan took the baby and chuckled at his cute smile.  "Hi Nicky.  Smile for Grandpa."  Jessi wiped the drool from his smile and chucked his chin making the baby laugh.  JB joined her and played with the baby as the others gathered including the director.  "He's so cute.  He looks like his mother."  JB nodded and said, "Thank GOD."  Everyone laughed and watched as JYP and the Tuans left with Nicky and his bags.

Filming the video for Hard Carry was an all day and most of the night thing.  They worked on the performance video, the dramatic video, and held the photo shoot for the photo book that would go with the album.  Jessi was exhausted by the end of the shoot and looked at her phone to whistle.  It was already five in the morning.  Mark kissed her head and yawned, "I am exhausted.  I wonder how Mom and Dad did with Nicky."  Jessi leaned against his chest and wrapped her arms around his waist, "Babe, I am so tired."  He nodded and pressed a kiss to her head before saying, "We are almost out of here."  They changed out of their outfits and headed out to the van.  Seung Hoon looked at the eight idols and said, "Alright, you have today off to recover from the shoot.  Tomorrow, we want to finish up recording the album.  Jackson, you have variety shows to appear on.  Jessi, honey, you have another photo shoot and Jin Young hyung wants to sit down with you and discuss a solo album to be released next year.  He also has a project for you to work on with a member of BTS.  He wants you to hook up with Jin and release a duet."  She nodded and said, "Sounds fine, oppa."  He smiled and carried on explaining the next few days' schedules with everyone as they drove to the dorms.  

They walked into their dorms and closed the doors after waving to each other.  Mark found his Dad walking Nicky while feeding him.  Jessi smiled and asked, "Was he fussy?"  Papa Tuan nodded and whispered, "He has a slight fever too."  Jessi moved over and caressed her son's head.  "I will take him, Papa.  You have to be exhausted."  Raymond handed the baby over and watched as she walked into the nursery and settled down in her rocking chair and rocked Nicky while feeding, singing softly to him as she rocked them both gently.  Before long, she removed the empty bottle, burped her son, massaging his tummy and limbs before settling him down in his bed still singing softly.  Mark smiled at the sight and whispered, "She loves our son dearly.  I have never seen a more dedicated Mom."  Papa Tuan nodded and said, "I am going to go to bed."  Mark nodded and watched as Jessi walked to him and went to their room with the baby monitor.

They got a good five hours of sleep before Nicky started crying again.  Jessi got up and walked into the nursery and checked her son.  She picked him up and carried him to the bathroom and set up his bathtub while collecting his soaps, towel, washcloth, and clean clothes with diaper.  Mama Tuan walked in and watched as Jessi bathed her son.  She sang and played with the baby laughing when he splashed water with his hands and laughed.  "So cute."  Jessi nodded and said, "He loves water.  Mark takes him swimming already."  Dorine sat down on the closed lid of the toilet and collected her wet grand baby while Jessi cleaned up the messy tub and turned it over to dry it out.  She watched as Dorine dried the baby well, put on his fresh diaper and baby powder.  Jessi handed her a pair of jeans, long sleeved tee shirt that the boys had bought him, tiny socks, and a beanie with his name on it along with the Got7 Logo.  Mark came in and chuckled, "Boy's got Swag."  Jessi nodded and kissed him before saying, "Mama's turn to bathe.  Daddy can baby sit."  Mark took his son and carried him into the living room followed by his parents while Jessi cleaned up.

"How was work?"  Raymond asked Mark.  "Tiring.  We filmed the video well into the night and then did the photo shoot for the photo book.  Jessi is a little trooper too.  She worked straight through."  Raymond nodded and watched as Mark fed the baby and played with him on a large mat on the floor as the front door opened to reveal JB and Yugyeom.  Mark smiled and said, "Coffee is on.  Mom made breakfast if you are hungry."  JB nodded and asked, "Where's Jessi?"  Mark nodded towards their bathroom and said, "Showering."  Yugyeom settled down beside Mark and played with Nicky.  "Uncle Gyeomie is here, Nicky." 

Raymond watched as the other members of Got7 made their way over to Mark and Jessi's apartment and sprawled out around the large living room playing with each other, the baby, or watching television.  Jessi examined their kitchen pantry and said, "Yeobo, we need to hit the grocery store today.  Our food is dwindling."  Dorine looked at her supplies and hummed, "We can go, sweety.  The men can babysit Nicky."  JB chuckled and said, "I'll come too, I can drive you there."  Jessi smiled and kissed his cheek, "Such a good oppa."  He laughed and hugged her neck before heading over to his apartment to clean up and get ready to go.  Jessi pulled on a hoodie over her tank top and grabbed her wallet.  Mark smiled and called out, "Babe, grab stuff for a BBQ at the park.  We can all go to the park and play this afternoon.  Nicky will like that and we can take the dogs too."  She nodded and smiled before walking out with her mother-in-law to go shopping with JB.

Raymond watched as Mark played with Nicky and then laughed when the baby farted leaving a nasty surprise for his father.  Mark made a stinky face at the baby and said, "Son, who taught you to fart so badly?"  Jin Young looked at him and said, "Likely from Yugyeom or Bambam."  Both younger men growled low, "Hyung!"  Young Jae laughed and helped Mark clean Nicky up and gathered their picnic things from the other apartment.

Dorine watched JB and Jessi shop for groceries.  She smiled as Jessi sniffed various fruits before setting them into the basket.  JB carried over tons of items that Jessi shook her head at and would say, "No oppa, the boys are on diets, remember?  If we buy these things and they can't eat them then that will make them feel bad."  He would sigh and carry the items back and return with something else unhealthy.  Dorine laughed when Jessi finally gave up and just let him do as he pleased.  They bought items they could cook at the dorm and pack away for the picnic even as Jessi bought for her apartment.  Dorine was impressed at the thriftiness she was exhibiting while shopping for her and Mark.  When they hit the baby section, Jessi bought items for Nicky that he needed and not frivolous purchases.  Diapers, wipes, baby powder, lotions, formula, and liners for his bottles.  She even purchased new pacifiers and started examining the adorable baby clothes finding a few items she loved and would look great on her son.  They shopped for over two hours and then paid for everything before driving all the way to the dorm.

JB helped Jessi prepare the food for the picnic even going outside onto Mark's patio and lighting his grill and cooking the meat and vegetable skewers he and Jessi put together while she sliced up the various fruits into bowls with tight lids.  Jackson held a steady conversation with Jessi about the benefits of eating organic foods over store bought.  Jessi finally settled beside Jackson and showed him the receipt.  "Oppa, I bought all organic things, everything is organic.  See?"  He finally smiled and hugged her, "You care about oppa."  She laughed and hugged him back before saying, "Let me finish packing our baskets, oppa."  It took two hours but they finally made it out of the apartment building and crossed to the Park along the Han River near their apartment.  Jessi pushing Nicky's stroller while watching the boys race ahead.  She hung back with Mark and her in-laws just enjoying the day.