Chapter 1

<Claire's POV>

Today's the day. My local theatre, the Arcada invited me to play a gig there tonight. Housing a bit over 100 people, this'll be the biggest show I have ever done in my life. I grab some clothes, and head downstairs to the front door.

"Claire!" A voice calls from behind me. I know that it's my mom. I'm 21, but I haven't moved out or gone to college, thanks to a couple minor fundamental situations. "Sorry I can't make it to your show tonight. I have some... stuff... to do," she hesitates for a minute. I know she isn't sorry. That stuff that she mentioned is getting overdosed on mental pain killers. My dad was murdered a couple years ago, and my mom hasn't been okay since. I've tried to get her help, but she refuses. It's gotten to the point where my mom and I don't have a good relationship anymore. We don't really talk at all.

"That's alright mom," I plaster a fake smile onto my face. "Don't worry about it." I grab my car keys and head out the front door to my car. Starting the engine, I plug in my phone to play some music. As I'm driving through my small town, the sounds of a Panic! At The Disco song act as background ambience to my now racing thoughts.

<Josh's POV>

I take one last look at my ticket before turning to Tyler. "Hey, I'm gonna go to a theatre around here and see a show I bought tickets for. I'll catch up with you later," I tell him before leaving the hotel room to get into my car.

<Claire's POV>

Claire! Get yourself together. If you weren't this good, the Arcada wouldn't have invited you to do this gig. You can do it. I tell myself this over and over as I'm walking around backstage.

20 minutes later

I'm standing backstage, waiting for the lights to dim down, signaling my queue to walk out onto the stage. The lights do just that. You can do this. I tell myself one more time before walking onto the stage. I grab the mic on the stand, and start speaking. "Hello! My name's Claire if any of you weren't informed." This strikes up a chuckle form the audience, giving me more courage. "I hope all of you are having a good night so far, but on that hand, lets get started, shall we?" I let the music start, and then I sang like no one was watching.

After the show

"Thank you all so much for being here tonight. This really means a lot to me. You guys are my biggest audience I've ever had, I'd like to thank you for your support tonight," I tell the audience, with a giant grin on my face. "Thank you once again, and have a great night, everyone!"

I walk off the side stairs to the stage and I start to walk around the venue as people are starting to leave. I always like to take a good look at the place before I leave, because who knows if I'm gonna be back here?

<Josh's POV>

I'm starting to get up to leave the theatre. This Claire girl was really good. As I'm walking into the isle, I see her walking around the place with a small smile on her face. I kind of want to introduce myself, so I start walking in her general direction.

<Claire's POV>

As I'm looking around at the beauty of the venue, I notice a familiar face walking towards me. It stops in front of me. As I'm trying to go through my index of a brain to figure out who this face belongs to, the face says something.

"Hi. I'm Josh."