Chapter 12

<Josh's POV>

I'm sitting on the bed watching the sun set. The sky a gradient color from pink to purple. I sigh, looking down at my feet before looking up again. I see a small light flood into my room, but I don't turn around to look at who's opened the door. They'll leave me alone.

I continue to look at the sky when I feel the weight on the bed shift. I decide to look over at the person now. It's Claire. The tear in my heart. She came all the way here. To see me.

Before we could exchange any words at all, I crashed my lips onto hers. We pull away from our kiss to catch our breath.

"I missed you. I had to see you again. I don't know what I'd do without you. Josh..." I hear her voice crack from the tears that were making their way to her eyes. "I love you so much."

The tears spill over, and I pull her close to my chest in an embrace.

"Shh shh... don't cry Claire. I'm here now," I hum, rocking my girl back and forth. Before I know it, she's asleep in my arms. I take this time to take in every feature. Shoulder length brown hair, round nose, small frame. All of that is mine. That's all I could ever want.

I carefully lay her down on one side of my bed, so she doesn't wake up. I lay down next to her, slowly drifting into my own slumber.