Chapter 9

3 months later
<Josh's POV>
TRIGGER WARNING

It's April now. I wake up in my house, the one I grew up in. Tour is over now. It feels really quiet in my house. Lonely almost. How long has it been since I've seen Claire? Only 2 weeks. I didn't know I'd feel this lonely after this short amount of time.

I sigh, and I get up from my bed. I throw on a shirt and some skinny jeans. I open my blinds, squinting at the bright sun before I head to the bathroom. My fading hair is shooting in all directions. I run my fingers through my hair a few times before heading down the stairs.

I plop down on the couch before grabbing my phone.

Josh🖤 and Claire💁🏻

J: Hey beautiful
C: Morning. How are you?
J: Lonely.
C: Aww... Miss me already?
J: So much. I really want to visit you.
C: I miss you so much too. It won't be long. Just one more month.
J: I know. It'll be hard.
C: Believe me. This is so hard for me too. I would jump out the window and run the whole way to Columbus if I could. Shoot, I have to go... I'll talk to you later, Josh. I love you. Remember that.
J: Always. Talk to you later.

I turn off my phone and throw it to the side. I feel my breath hitch before my vision go dark. Along with my thoughts.

"Josh! I haven't been able to get to you for a while..." I hear a voice call. It's mine, although my mouth isn't moving.
It's him. Red circles around his eyes, dressed in all black.

"What are you doing here? Why are you back?" I ask, my voice shaking.

"That's a pretty stupid question. I'm here because Claire isn't here to protect you anymore." He laughs. "There's nothing you can do about it, now."

"Liar! Go away. Leave me alone!!" I yell. I feel my brain start to hurt.

"You're too weak. Goodbye Josh."

"NO!" I scream before he leaves me.

As soon as I'm back to reality, I feel a piercing pain on my wrist. I look down, and I see a gigantic gash on my wrist, and a knife in my other hand. The blood starts spilling down onto the floor, and I feel my consciousness fading fast. The last thing I know, I feel myself collapsing onto the floor, and my world goes black once again.

---

I hear muffled noises. A repeated beep. Some shuffling. Talking.

 Where am I? Do I remember anything? Blurry... my wrist. I'm in a hospital. Somebody found me. I'm not dead. Oh. OH MY WRIST. THE PAIN. It starts hurting now. What timing.

I struggle to open my eyelids, but I manage to pull them off my eyes. I look down at where my wrist was cut, and there's a huge bandage on it. Not much else is hooked up to me besides some stuff to monitor my heart. 

I look around the room, and see that my family are sitting in chairs beside me. They're all asleep. I sigh, and all of them jump, causing me to almost have a heart attack!

They're all crowding around me, quickly saying stuff that I can't really understand, and they're all on the brink of tears. 

"Umm... I can't understand what you guys are saying. One at a time please?" I ask, adding a weak smile.

Jordan is the first to speak. "I found you. You were laying on the kitchen floor with a knife in your hand, and you were covered in your own blood! I was so scared, Josh!" he cries. "Don't ever do that again!"

"Jordan..." I inhale. "It wasn't me. It was Blurry. He got into my thoughts and I didn't know he was controlling my body until he let me go and I saw that I'd cut myself... It sounds stupid and imaginative, but if you were me you would be saying the same thing.  Thank you so much for finding me. I probably wouldn't have lived if I was alone bleeding to death any longer."

"You lost 20% of your blood. You're in mild condition, but you've been given the all clear. You can go in an hour," I hear a doctor come in from the door. 

"Awesome. Thank you," I reply. My whole family gives me a big hug before we start talking to pass the time before I go back home. 

A/N: So! I'm sorry this is a pretty crappy chapter. I wrote a pretty large portion of this in school, so it's not the best. Sorry about the trigger warning. I felt there had to be some sort of strong conflict, you get me? After all, this is becoming mostly a fluff book. I don't think I'll write smut because 1. I would be fricking horrible at it, and 2. I would be so dead if my parents decided to go snooping through my wattpad. So for those of you who were maybe looking for a bit of smut, I am genuinely sorry. I was really debating on it, but I've officially decided against it.