Chapter 17

<Claire's POV>

2 weeks later

I'm out of my apartment, something I haven't done in a while out of fear of getting caught. I was avoiding all risks possible. I scoured the news for anything about it, and nothing. So now, I guess it's safe.

At a grocery store, I'm walking down the aisles, looking for a few things I needed when I see a really familiar face. I slowly walk closer to them, and realize that it's my ex. Reece. (OH MY GOD PEOPLE FROM MY MIDDLE SCHOOL DON'T KILL ME I BEG OF YOU) You see, if he ever saw me, this wouldn't be an awkward encounter, I'd be on the floor, unconscious, possibly bleeding to death. To say the least, he abused me. He used to blame it on the booze, but after a while, it just became an excuse, and I had no way out of it. He wouldn't let me leave the house, he always had a specific set of rules. If I break them, it ends up in a beating. He thinks he's a lot smarter than me. Superior. That's the right word. He's not the guy for gender rights and all, and I got that soon after we started dating, but I didn't want to let him go because stupid younger me just wanted to have the status of being in a relationship. If he ever tries to hurt me again, I'll do my best to give him a taste of what he's paid for. Not death. Definitely don't want that to happen today...

I quickly and quietly walk right out of that aisle, because dear god, I DO NOT want to die today. I didn't get his attention. Phew. I continue shopping, cautiously, may I add, because nobody wants somebody who can hurt them to see them, right?

---

I get home, put away my groceries and flop down on the couch. This place has NOT been doing good things for me lately. I don't know if it'll turn around. I don't have any other place to live, and Josh is on tour. Oh great. Living hell for me woo.

This is going great, huh?

Sure is. For you.

Of course! Who cares about you? I just enjoy seeing you suffer.

Figures.

Man, Reece shoulda seen you. I wouldn't have to even finish my job!

Real sarcastic today, aren't you?

Yes? Whatever. You bore me. Goodbye.

I decide this is a good time to call Josh. I wouldn't talk to him about my encounter of course, he already has a lot of stuff going on right now. I don't want him to have to worry about me any more than he already does at the moment. He picks up, his face in a grin, displayed on my phone in front of me.

"Hey Claire! What's up?"

"Ah, nothing much. You?"

"Just tour. Everything okay with the situation?" he asks worriedly.

"Completely fine. Everything is off your shoulders, including mine. For the past two weeks, I've been searching all the news networks for anything about the incident that happened that night, and nothing. I'm guess people must have been too drunk to've said anything."

"Okay. Thank goodness."

"So how's tour?"

"Actually pretty good! All the nights are filled with energy like always, and funny thing, a couple nights ago Tyler knocked down his piano from jumping off of it!" he bursts out laughing.

"Hey! That's not funny!!" I hear a voice retort from the back, causing me to lose it.

"Hey boys, we have soundcheck in 5. Probably want to start getting going to the stage," another voice comes from what I'm guessing is the front of the tour bus.

Josh nods and says to me, "Alright, I've gotta go. I'll talk to you when I can, alright Claire?"

I nod back. "Yep. Love you Josh."

"I love you too. Bye now." The line goes dead, and I flop onto the bed and fall asleep for a long nap almost instantly.

A/N: I've got filler's everybody! Fillers here, fillers there, fillers are everywhere! The search is over folks! I've reached a mental block on how to keep the plot going without adding violence! :D