Chapter 15

<Claire's POV>
Trigger Warning

Back in Chicago, I was able to get my name out enough that I was able to start singing at small venues around the city, getting paid as well so I can pay my rent. I have to admit, it's pretty fun.

Tonight, I'm playing at a bar stage. This'll be different, because, well, drunk people. It'll be a new experience. I keep telling myself this over and over as I'm getting ready to go. I run my hands under the sink and look down to splash my face. I look up again and I don't see myself. It's... what? No. It can't be. It can't be her. I look down and splash my face again and find that she's gone once I look up.

That wasn't your imagination.

Why you?

Because you're scared. Of course that would be my time to shine, you know. Where your control is at its weakest.

Leave me alone. Just for tonight. Please.

I'll be back. Remember that.

Bye, Blurry.

And she's gone. Just like that. I take a deep breath and pull on my shoes and walk out the door.

---

"Alright. Well, hello. My names Claire, and uh, I'll be your entertainment for the night. Hope you all are having a good time tonight!" I smile.

"This first song is by my favorite band. It's called Holding On To You." I grab my ukulele, which I've been feverishly learning in the past month and start.

"Fight it, take the pain ignite it, tie a noose around your mind loose enough to breathe fine and tie it to a tree and tell it 'you belong to me this ain't a noose, this is a leash and I have news for you, you must obey me!'"

That last verse means so much to me, as I'm grinning when I go on to the chorus. I finish the song, do a few more, and bid my goodbyes to the audience. I decided not to fully leave, because what's going to a bar without getting a drink or two?

---

I may or may not have had more than two drinks, as I feel a bit of my alertness slip away. I decide to head out before I wreck myself, but then I come face to face with a man who's devilishly smirking at me.

"What's a little singer girl doing out here by herself? You lost?" I go to walk around him to the door but he blocks me. "Oh, come on, let me give you a ride home." I try one more time, and he grabs me and kisses me roughly.

I fight back immediately and push him off of me. "Oh come on, what's a little fun?" He smirks.

"I want you to leave me the fuck alone before I have to-" I hiss before he interrupts me.

"Oh, what are you gonna do?" He asks, the shit-eating grin still on his face.

"You asked for it, bitch."

I punch him square in the face, and since that's not quite enough I kick him hard in the abdomen. Everyone is watching now, but I don't care.

He gets up again, only to get an elbow into his neck and to fall over again, coughing up a little bit of blood. He's on his hands and knees, and I take this opportunity to put him in a head lock, one hand firmly on the top of his head, the other on his jawline.

"You have two choices. Either you keep doing this and die right here, right now, or you stop and leave this place and I let you go," I seethe, little bit of white foam coming out of my mouth.

"Little girl's getting feisty now. Save that for bed kid," he chuckles.

"Have fun in hell, bitch," I say simply before snapping his neck. He falls to the ground, lifeless. The whole bar is silent. I stagger back realizing what I've done, and I bolt out of the bar back to my apartment.

I get to my room, lock the door, throw myself on my bed, and start sobbing. What have I done?

I told you I'd be back.

FUCK YOU! YOU DID THIS!

I'm not denying it.

Leave.

I'll always be there in your mind, Claire. I'll never truly leave.

I know. Just leave. Me. Alone.

And she's gone once again. I go on my phone to text Josh.

Josh👽 and Claire💕

C: Josh...
J: Claire?
C: I killed a man.
J: WHAT?

Message failed to send.

J: CLAIRE!

A/N: WOOOOOO OKAY THAT WAS FUN TO WRITE. Hope you guys are enjoying!!