Chapter 13

<Josh's POV>

I wake up and roll over, almost over Claire before I see her and quickly scoot back. I guess I made a pretty sudden movement, because she deeply inhales and opens her eyes.

"Morning," I smile.

"Morning to you too," she yawns. "Anything you want to do today?"

"What do you mean I? You should be the one deciding what we do. I'm here a lot so..." I explain.

"Funny thing is, I've never been to Ohio in my life. I wouldn't have any idea what to do here," she awkwardly laughs as she sees my now gaping face.

"You've never been to Ohio?! How is that humanly possible?!" I ask in shock.

"That, Josh, I do not know. But you've still got to think of something for us to do today," she pokes my nose.

"Hmm..." I sit up. "I think I passed an abandoned building recently that we could go explore. If you're okay with that."

"More like if you're okay with it," she responds, glancing down at my wrist.

"Don't worry about it. It's healing fine and it really doesn't hurt anymore. You still want to go?" I ask.

"Sounds good to me."

"Cool. Let's get dressed, get some food and go," I get up.

---

We pull up in my car to the abandoned building I'd found, and get out.

I jiggle on the door handle. Locked.

"Let's go break a window," Claire says like she's been doing this her whole life. I'm following her until she finds the closest window. She easily punches it open, and jumps in. I hear a thud.

"Wait!!! Claire! Are you okay?!" I rush.

"Ha! Completely fine. It's a ten foot drop. Just jump down. Don't worry about it," she responds.

"Uh, okay..." I say before jumping in. My knees buckle, but I catch myself. "One last question... have you ever done this?"

"Nope," she says.

"But how did you... how did you just jump the 10 foot drop?" I ask.

"I didn't know it was a ten foot drop until I looked up. I was honestly scared to death," she says.

"Okay then... let's find out what this place is."

We start walking down a long hallway with many doors. I take a look at one door, and try to peer in. The glass on the door is super dirty, so I can't see anything. "Do all these doors look the same?" I ask.

"I think so. Hold on," she says, walking over to me.

I pull the door handle down, and push the door open, bracing for the worst. Nothing happens, like something falling down. It looks like a classroom. Wait, no. It is a classroom. Desks all lined up like it's the first day of school. Extremely dusty of course, but still.

"Woah. This place has to be super old," I breath.

"Right? I want to see how old it is," Claire says.

"How would you do that?" I ask her.

"There's books everywhere in here. I'm gonna check the copyright dates," she says before grabbing a book.

A few minutes later, I hear Claire again. "Latest date is 1925. This place is ancient."

"Cool. I wonder why this place was abandoned," I say.

"I'm not sure. Look up 'Abandoned columbus school' on your phone."

"Way ahead of you," I look at my phone. "By the looks of it, it seems to be Alton School. I don't know why it was closed. Didn't say."

"Huh." she says.

"Let's find an exit. Don't wanna end up getting in trouble, you know?" I say.

"Alright," she says.

We were able to get out the front door and get back to the car.

"Well that was fun," we both say at the exact same time, causing us to burst out in laughter.

A/N: Frick. I have no idea what to do with this now. I'm writing this when it's taking place in the future. I know twenty one pilots is supposed to release an album this year, but I know literally nothing about it. You guys know nothing about it. Should I just make up another tour like the Emotional Roadshow? Let me know if you have any ideas.