Chapter 18

<Claire's POV>

Even since those last couple encounters, things have been looking up for me. I got a job at a coffee shop, something that would be better than just playing at bars full of drunk people who don't give two shits.

"Hey, Claire!" my manager, Ash calls from the back.

"Yeah? What's up?" I call.

"How's the cream machine doing?" she asks, coming out and walking to me.

"Pretty good, why'd you ask that?" I cock an eyebrow.

"Oh, it's been jammed a couple times. Really no big deal. Your shift is over in a couple minutes. Have a good day, Claire!" she gives me a bright smile, which I return and goes to the back again. Geez, it's been a long day. Making all this coffee's been getting the best of me.

Finally, it's 2:30. "Ash, I'm heading out!" I call before pushing open the door. I planned on going sightseeing as I haven't gotten to do much of that before tour and other things happened afterwards that kept me from going out too much.

I decide to take a small walk to the lake, as it's a really nice warm day. The seagulls are doing their usual call, which just adds to the beautiful scene in front of me. To my left, there's Navy Pier, and behind me, so many gigantic buildings. I'd heard that there's a place called "the bean" so I decide to check that out.

Well! It's a bean alright! The mega-sized bean is a huge mirror. A good crowd of people are crowded in front and under the bean, creating many reflections off of it. Fascinating, really. I stroll up to the sculpture and decide to head under it as the crowd of people got away from it.

Everything besides me is warped in some way, which I find kind of strange, but cool. As I keep staring up at my reflection, I notice that somebody else had walked under with me, as I was now the only person at the bean. I don't really bother to look at their reflection, as I was too mesmerized by the bean itself.

"Hey," the person greets me. I know that voice anywhere.

"Josh?" I look over to the person next to me. It is him! We both crash into a hug. When we let go, we both say at the same time, "I missed you so much, you have no idea!"

My head drops and I start laughing. "So how are you?" Josh points my chin up with his finger, giving me a small kiss.

"Ah, pretty good. Things are looking up. How about you?" I ask him back with a smile.

"That's awesome to hear. I'm doing pretty good, since that small leg of tour is over. Really exhausts me," he sighs.

"I bet," I sigh as well.

"Man, what to do now?" he asks.

"I literally have no idea," I respond. "I got a job at a coffee shop, it's just part time though."

"Oh that's good!" he grins.

"Yeah. To my place?"

"Sure," he nods in return.

---

"Alright, here it is. Nothing special. Just a roof over my head," I chuckle.

"It's actually pretty nice!" he remarks, walking around the main room.

"Huh. Thanks!"

At this point it's starting to get dark.

"Hey Josh?" I ask.

"Yeah?"

"You can stay over here if you want tonight. It's getting a little dark, and dark Chi town isn't a good thing," I make a face.

"Alright. Yeah. Thanks for thinking about that," he gives me a soft smile.

"Anytime."

"Alright, you can share the bed with me if you want, or you can take the bed and I'll take the couch," I explain.

"I'll take the couch, and you take the bed."

"No! You're my guest. It's the least I could do," I protest.

"Alright. I don't really want to fight."

"You'd better not want to."

We get into bed and settle in quickly for a night of deep sleep.

A/N: I SWEAR TO JESUS COLON!1!1! I CANNOT UPDATE TO SAVE MY LIFE. I'M SORRY. YOU GET A CRAP CHAPTER FOR WAITING. I'M ALSO SORRY ABOUT THAT. I WILL TRY MY DARN TOOTIN HARDEST TO UPDATE MORE, BUT EVERYONE KNOWS THATS A LIE. I LOVE YOU, I NEED TO GO TO BED.