Chapter 16

<Josh's POV> 

Once I got that text, I dropped my phone from my hands in shock. What does she mean? Did she actually kill somebody? No. It can't be. What could possibly make her do that? 

Josh! Don't be stupid! You have to call her! I think.

I hear the ringer tone drone into my ear, and after a couple of rings, the phone picks up. A shaky voice comes from the other line.

"J-Josh," Claire whispers.

"Claire! What happened? Like really?" I whisper back, as everyone else is asleep on the bus. 

"I-I actually did kill somebody..." she whispers back.

"WHAT?!" I whisper yell now. "WHY?!" 

"I was singing at a bar, got done singing, got slightly drunk, a guy started to hit on me, I beat him up, got him into a headlock, and gave him two options. Stop hitting on me and live, or continue to hit on me and die right there, he took the second option, probably not taking me seriously, and out of all my rage and I'm guessing my demons as well, I snapped his neck. Right there at the bar. Well, not me. You know what I mean right? Right?!" She rushes.

"Holy- what happened after that?" I ask.

"Everyone stared at me in shock and I sprinted back to my apartment, where I am now. I think everyone was too drunk to call 911... I'm not sure at all Josh. I'm actually screwed. What if I get caught? What will happen then? I'm now a murderer. This is horrible..." 

"I don't know what to do... I know this wasn't you. I don't blame you for any of this. I probably would've ended up killing or seriously hurting him myself if I were there for you. I'm so sorry this had to happen to you Claire. Let me know what happens, and if any charges end up being put up against you. But for now I'd try to cover your identity. It's possible that witnesses could be around you and they could take you in. Just stay safe for me baby," I say.

"Okay. Thank you so much Josh. This really means a lot to me. I love you. Do your best on tour for me. I'll definitely let you know if anything turns up for me. You stay safe yourself okay?" She asks me.

"I'll stay safe. Don't worry. I love you too. I always will. Remember that. I care about you so much. I want the best for you okay?" I choke up.

"Okay. I've got to go, Josh. I'll talk to you when I can. Obviously can't perform for a while, but that's okay for now. Bye now," she giggles.

"Bye."

I'm so glad that she's safe.

A/N: I'm so sorry that I don't update nearly as much as I used to. Lots of writers block. Stay safe all of you. 

-Catie