Chapter 6

(Y/f/c) = your fur color

~Your POV~

The next day I followed Mey-rin around the manor and helped her with her cleaning. We were now in the library dusting off the books and wiping the windows when Sebastian came in.

"(Y/n), the young master has asked to see you." I nod as I leave and follow him until we reach the study door.

Sebastian opens the door as I walk in and I see Ciel sitting at his desk. Just like when I first met him. But instead of there being papers on the desk there was a chessboard with the chess pieces already set up.

I think back to when I would at times catch a glance of a father and son moving the pieces across the checkered board. Each concentrating too hard to notice a (y/f/c) cat perched outside their window.

~Ciel's POV~

"Come sit," I say as I gesture to the chair in front of my desk. (Y/n) obeys.

"You asked for me master?"

"Yes, I wanted you to play a game of chess with me." There's a moment of silence.

"Is there a problem?" I ask. I notice she has become a bit nervous.

"I'm sorry master. But I'm afraid I don't know how to play." I see her expression turn to one of shame.

I feel a bit pitiful until I realize that this is the first time I have talked to her directly it's also the first time I have heard her voice! 'Hmm... I want to hear more of it... Wait... Why?!'

It was at this moment I realize I might have waited too long to respond. As I notice (y/n) looking at me with now, looks to be a, worried expression. I clear my throat as I continue.

"Then I'll teach you." I say as I look down at the board.

"Okay."

~time skip~

It has only been about an hour since I taught (y/n) the rules and yet she has gotten close to beating me multiple times.

Sebastian came in a few minutes later, with a silver tray in his hands. I look over at my clock as I see it is 12:30. Lunch time.

"I'm sorry young master but you will have to stop playing. It's time for you to eat your lunch." He sets the tray aside and begins to remove the chessboard and pieces from my desk and puts them away.

He turns to (y/n) and asks her to leave. She bows to me and quietly exits the room. '*sigh* I hardly had anytime to talk to her.'

After I am done eating ,Sebastian, takes  the tray and sets it aside before laying down a package in front of me. I look at him, confused. After seeing my expression he quickly says,"it contains information on a new case."

'Time to get to work.'