Chapter 8

~Thank you for waiting I know I haven't updated for a long time but I hope it's worth it! Enjoy!~

~Normal POV~

Since you couldn't exactly wear a maids uniform while on the case you wore a simple skirt and blouse. Sebastian's outfit was also simple, basically consisting of an old dark gray jacket, tan vest, white button up, and black pants. When you saw him wearing this you couldn't help but think it was a nice change from the suit that made him look even more serious than he already was. And with that another thought popped into your head,'what will Ciel be wearing?'

You could assume he would be wearing a similar outfit like Sebastian's but you wondered if he would look any different.

You finally arrived at the entrance of the manor. Sebastian walked up to the carriage and put your suitcase in the luggage compartment. You walked up to the carriage and waited next to Sebastian. You turn to him and ask, "will the master be coming soon?"

"Yes, he won't take long he just wants to make sure that all the information on the case is in order," he explains.

You nod and go back to looking at the entrance. And like Sebastian said it didn't take long for Ciel to come out. And close to how you imaged, he was dressed similarly to Sebastian, except that instead of pants he was wearing shorts and he also didn't wear a jacket. Just a light blue vest and a white button up shirt.

He almost looked like a regular teenager. Except the serious expression he had sort of threw off the entire disguise. 'He does look handsome though.' The second that thought had appeared in your head you instantly regretted it. 'Idiot, don't think things like that!' You shook your head.

The raven hair butler helped Ciel into the carriage and you started to walk to the front to sit in the coach's seat, next to where Sebastian would be sitting. You only took a couple steps before you felt someone's hand on your shoulder, stopping you from going any further. You turn and see that it was Sebastian who had stopped you.

"The young master has requested that you sit with him in the carriage." You wait a moment, confused. You quickly forget about it and nod your head, understanding.

He helped you in and closed the door behind you. You sat in the seat across from Ciel. The carriage started and you were off.

-time skip (3 hours)-

~Ciel's POV~

The ride so far was very quiet. (Y/n) had been looking out the window since the moment we left. 'Why is it that whenever I'm around her I suddenly feel self-conscious?' I shook the thought away,'that's stupid! I'm probably just imagining it! Anyway this silence between us is unbearable! I want to break it but what so I say?' And before I knew what to say, I had already opened my mouth...

"(Y/n)?"

She turned to me and smiled, "yes, master?" I froze for a moment and took a deep breathe.

"What was it like when you were living out on the streets? How did you get by?" When I said this I wasn't sure if it was the right thing to say but I wanted to know more about her.

"It wasn't that easy but I managed. I would turn into a cat and sneak into house's when the owners were out and steal clothes and shoes. I would also use this method to get food," she said this with a dreamy expression, as if she were reliving her memories.

"I would usually sleep outside during spring and summer. Hiding as a cat in empty crates or under a park bench. When it would rain, or the autumn nights were especially chilly, or it had become winter I would take shelter in some strangers dusty attic,"she gave me a sad smile and continued,"it was especially hard at first but after a few years it got a lot easier."

My expression became that of concern and I asked,"what about how others treated you?"

She paused for a minute, "I usually kept my distance but when I was first learning to live on my own I was called some rude things by passerbys. When I was first living on my own, I would hide my scythe in some darkly lit alley because I wasn't yet comfortable having it on me. But when I got older I had started to get better at using my scythe and had begun to carry it with me for protection. During that time I would often be approached by men who wanted to take me for various inappropriate reasons. But like I said I had my scythe"

I wasn't sure how to respond to this. So I didn't, all I could do was awkwardly look down at my feet. (Y/n) must have noticed how I was feeling, because all she did was nod and go back to looking out the window.

I silently scolded myself,'ugh! That was insensitive of me wasn't it?! How could I not say anything?! I'm the one who asked her about herself in the first place!' For the next few minutes I kept shaking my head and yelling at myself in my head.

I noticed (Y/n) looking at me and I could feel a blush slowly rising up my face. She smiled at me, causing the blush to turn 5 shades darker.' I call myself down as I think about my feelings, 'I hate how she makes  me act like this. Is it really what I think is... No! Just forget about it!'

-time skip (2 hours)-

After sitting through another long period of silence the carriage had finally stopped. The both of us simultaneously breathed a sigh of relief as Sebastian opened the door.

~(Y/n)'s POV~

When we got out of the carriage I was surprised to see we weren't around any buildings. The only things I could see were tall trees lining the edges of the road and the blue sky which now had a few streaks of orange. I walked over to Sebastian asked him why we had stopped.

"My apologizes,(y/n) it seems I left out a part of the plan. Since we don't want to attract any attention to ourselves you will be walking with the young master to the village up ahead," he lifted his hand and pointed towards his left.

"That's where the house we will be staying in is located. I have already put all of the young master's luggage in there and all of the supplies necessary. But seeing as you didn't have a lot to bring with you I thought it would be okay if you just carried your own luggage." I nodded and he hands me a piece of paper.

"That's the house's address. And (Y/n)..." He leaned in close. "Make sure nothing happens to the young master." I nodded again and smile.

"Of course."

"Can we get going now?" Ciel asked impatiently. Sebastian apologizes to him and goes to get my suitcase.

Once I had it in my hands, Sebastian left and we were off.