Chapter 12

-Ciel's POV-

The next day was as uneventful as it could've been. When Sebastian had come back in the morning he had told is that he hadn't seen anything suspicious happen in the village the night before. The rest of the morning we were going over what was to happen when we got there. Sebastian was to go into the cellar of the tall abandoned building and confront anyone down there. He was not to kill them, but only to capture them for questioning. And (y/n) and I would be waiting outside to keep an eye out in case there were any accomplices around outside we hadn't accounted for.

After going over this Sebastian and (y/n) left to go get ready on they're own way, leaving me to sit alone in the living room to think everything over and make sure I wasn't forgetting anything important.

While in between thoughts, I look over and notice the bedroom door is slightly open, I move over in my seat to get a look inside and notice (Y/n) sitting on the bed. Her scythe in her lap as she sharpens it with a sharpening stone. I make my way over and open the door, walking into the room. (Y/n) doesn't seem to notice me so I move over to stand next to her. I look at her scythe and look back at her, 'it's amazing, how can such a small girl carry a huge heavy piece of metal around as if it were nothing?'

(Y/n) must have finally noticed me because she suddenly stopped what she was doing and looked up at me.

"Sorry but I wanted to ask you where you got your scythe." I say.

"I don't know. The first day I was living on my own I suddenly woke up in a dark alleyway with it next to me. I must have been running or something the night before because my calves were aching terribly and breathing heavily." She says and shrugs.

"I see. You really are amazing, being able to live like you did for so long..."

She blushes a bit and questioningly say, "Oh um... Thanks."

I give her a soft smile and go back into the livingroom, leaving her to continue. 'It's so weird. I feel so oddly close to her even though she hasn't worked for me for long.'

I sit back in the same chair once again and think they same thoughts over and over again for what seems like hours.

-(Y/N) POV (right after Ciel leaves)-

I look over at Ciel and notice him staring in front of him. I get the sudden thought of going over and striking up a conversation with him but I brush the thought away,'I don't want to bother him, he'd most likely not appreciate me interrupting his thoughts just to make idle conversation.'

We wait awhile until the time comes for us to get ready and wait for Sebastian to come back before we go off.

He finally arrived, looking a little content with himself, and asks us, "are you two ready?"

I nod and look over to Ciel, he stares at Sebastian for a second then moved last him towards the door. He turns back to look at us and says, "let's go."

~Author's note~

Sorry I'm so late and that it's a short chapter but motivation has been low and life sucks.