Chapter 4: Misguided Ghosts

Alex's P.O.V.

   I sat in the infirmary bored as hell. It had been a couple hours since I talked to Remus, and he still hadn't returned. I wondered what Dumbledore needed to speak with him about that was so urgent he insisted on Remus being here at two in the morning. Right on cue he walked in looking a bit troubled. "Ah good your still awake."

  "Well I slept for twenty something hours somehow going back didn't seem to appealing." He sat in the chair next to my bed and chuckled.

   "Speaking of that how have you been sleeping lately?" A look of concern made its. way over him.

   "About the same as always I guess."

   "So you're still having the nightmares." I nodded and Remus frowned. "What troubles you so much you can't even get a good nights sleep?" My chest tightened when he asked this. I trusted him with my life and he was a good man, but I swore to myself no one would ever know. Everyone would think I was weak and I couldn't have that.

   "I dunno just sort of happens I guess." I didn't like lying to him, but I didn't have much of a choice. Remus looked at me skeptically so I decided it would be a good time to change the subject. "So what's been going on in your life?"

   "Not much." By the way he said it I could tell he wasn't being completely honest.

   "Have you met anyone yet." Remus' cheeks turned pink and he looked down. Aww he had always been pretty shy/ "So you have!" I accused.

    "Well yes and no. I don't really know where it's going yet, but she's great."

    "Awww Remus that's wonderful what's her name?"

    "Nymphadora, but everyone calls her Tonks."

    "Hmm Remus and Tonks it's got a nice ring to it." He smiled brightly I could tell he really liked her.

    "And you?" he asked. I wish I knew how to answer that.

    "Well it's complicated...I think I like someone, but he hates me and it could never happen anyway." I frowned fidgeting with my blanket.

    "Then he's an idiot." He stated bluntly.

    "As much as I would love to think that no he's really not he's just, well I can't really explain it." I could though a million things ran through my mind to describe Snape, but I didn't want Remus to know who he was. Besides he was my teacher. This whole thing is stupid of me anyway. But there was a part of me, that showed my true slyhterin, that refused to take no for an answer.

   "He'll come around, just have faith. If it was meant to be it will happen." I smiled at this Remus always knew the right things to say. I was about to respond when the door to the infirmery opened and in walked a tall happy looking Dumbledore.

   "Ah Remus I didn't know you were still here I do hope I'm not interrupting anything." He said in his normal soothing voice.

   "Not at all Professor, Alex and I were just talking I ran into her on my way in the castle and told her I'd visit her after I spoke with you."

  "Yes Ms. Knight how are you feeling, better I hope." I smiled up at him.

  "Yes sir much better. I'm actually ready to get out of here. I've never really been fond of infirmerys."

  "I don't see why not I'm sure if we kept you here much longer I'd have an office full of angry Slytherins asking for there Chaser." I chuckled.