Chapter 5: Inside My Head

The day went by slowly as my excitement for the quidditch match grew. DADA was unbearable, I swear Umbridge is going to be the death of me. Professor Sprout wasn't here today apparently she was sick so we were given busy work while her teachers assistant sat there and stared at us. Marissa and I ate a lot at lunch preparing ourselves for the match today.  Then it was time for potions. As I made my way down to the dungeons my stomach churned. This would be the first time I saw Snape since I figured out my feelings for him. I walked into the empty classroom and sat at my desk playing with my fingers. I was nervous as hell and I couldn't figure out why I had known this man for five years! Suddenly everything had changed. Students began piling in and chattered quietly until the doors swung open and Professor Snape marched in with his usual scowl. When he got to the front of the room he whirled around and faced us. "Today you will be brewing a cure for boils. Page 122." With that he sat at his desk and busied himself. A cure for boils?! That was first year stuff none the less I began the potion. I was done in under forty five minutes. Even though it was easy this didn't stop most people from failng miserably. A cure for boils was one of those potions where if your color wasn't exactly right you were wrong. Snape made his way around the tables grumbling something about all of us being idiots. When he came to me he looked me in the eyes. I shuddered. "Miss. Knight I thought I should inform you your second detention has been cancelled due to the events of your last." He looked down at my potion for a moment and walked away. I felt my heart drop. But I shouldn't have expected anything more from him. Truth be known I had completely forgotten about my second detention. Potions ended and the day seemed to go on forever by the time it was finally over I couldn't even sit still from excitement. We were released an hour early due to the match.

   I was currently on the pitch warming up and I could here Draco boasting about how quickly the match would end when he caught the snitch. Idiot. I heard Madame Hooche's voice calling us in a circle she gave her usual speech and with a blow of her whistle the game began. I whizzed through the air to grab the quaffel. When I had it I headed towards Slytherin's goal. Ravenclaws keeper looked nervous as I neared. I threw the quaffel as hard as I could. I heard "Ten points to Slytherin!" and cheers from the crowd.

   That's how most of the game went. By now I had scoured seventy points on my own and Draco still didn't have the snitch in sight. I came to a stand still on my broom looking to see if I could see it anywhere. As I looked around my eyes locked with one certain Professors. Then I heard screams coming from the crowd I frantically looked around to see what was happening. Before my eyes Marissa was falling out of the sky at increasing speeds. I threw the quaffel I was holding behind me and without thinking sped toward her. I dipped the tip of my broom to the ground going down fast I was a couple of feet from Marissa and we were maybe ten feet from the ground when I jumped off my broom and grabbed her. We both fell hitting the ground hard me breaking her fall. I could here gasps. We both layed there for a minute and I tried to breathe. I had gotten the breath knocked out of me, but that was all the damage I could tell. I saw Marissa stand and make her way standing over me looking terrified still. Then Dumbledore, Snape, Madame Pomfrey,, and Madame Hooch stood behind her. Dumbledore and Hooch tended to her while Snape and Pomfrey kneeled down to me. "Alex dear are you alright can you here me?" Madame Pomfrey said. I nodded and sat up beathing deeply. Then a minute later I stood. I went to reach for my broom when someone beat me to it.

   "No Miss Knight that is quite enough!" He said taking my broom in his hands.

   "Why?!?!" I screamed. Was he benching me?! Seriously?

   "Because no one wants to see you try to kill yourself again!" He said snidely. Then I felt it again. That feeling like someone else was in my  head trying to control me.

   "I was not trying to kill myself I was trying to save my best friend!" I screamed again getting angrier.

   "Oh so if you would have died at least you were saving her!" He yelled. What the hell was his problem?