Chapter 17: Help Me Understand

Alex's P.O.V.

    I stood in front of the black lake watching the water slowly move with the breeze. It was breath taking I was lost in it. Suddenly I was being lifted off the ground. I was going to scream when I heard George's laugh. I went calm and leaned into him as he put me back on the ground. I looked across the school yard to see Se- Professor Snape watching the scene with a murderous look. But it was something else he looked like he was in pain. Where was he? "Careful Dracula's got his eyes on you." George whispered into my ear. He laughed and I did too. Though I didn't think it was the least bit funny. I turned to him trying to forget Snape was there.

   "I looked for you when my lesson was over where were you?"

   "Me and all the guys went back to the common room and we were just goofing around in there." He said pulling me close to him. I wrapped my arms around his torso and leaned my head into his chest. Thank Merlin for George. He was amazing for me. "Whats wrong babe?"

   "Nothing I just get really tired after the lessons is all." I lied.

   "Ah I'm sorry, I know how hard they are for you. And I can't imagine that git helps any."

   "Can we talk about something else please?"

   "Yeah sure sure..... Did you hear the news? About the Death eaters I mean?"

   "No what happened?"

    "There was an attack on Askaban this morning. Ten Death Eaters escaped including Bellatrix Lestrange."

    "How?!" I stepped back and yelled.

    "Well no one knows exactly how, but the Ministry is blaming it on Sirius"

    "Of course they are!" I said throwing my hands up in the air. "Those bastards. I swear if I ever meet Cornelius Fudge I'm going to-"

    "Alex calm down."

    "Calm down?! Calm down?! Every ounce of proof he needs is sitting in front of his face and he ignores it he is such a-" Just then pain pulsed through my head I fell to the ground with my hands on either side of my head. "Just a what? Go on say it! Don't bottle it up. He's a fool."

   "No leave me alone!" I screamed to the voice.

   "Dear child I will never leave." I looked up to see Dumbledore watching me with a worried expression from a window. He turned quickly and walked away.

    "Alex. Alex! Is it him?!"

   "Oh who do we have hear. A friend. No more than that. Tell me Alex how would you like to see him die?" I pushed him away with all my force, but only got as far as him not being able to see anything he was still there though.

   "You stay away from him!"

   "Okay touchy subject. We'll come back to that. How about this?" An image of Marissa flashed in my head. She was lying on the ground lifeless. Not breathing not moving. She was dead.

    "STOP IT!" I screamed at the top of my lungs this time out loud. I could here people all around me but kept my eyes tightly closed.

    "Alex? Alex? Can you hear me?" It was Snape. I could hear his voice loud and clear.

   "Or this?" Another image flashed in my head but this time it was Remus. He too was lying on the ground, but his body was mangled. There was blood everywhere. He was alive though. He called my name over and over begging for me to help him, but I couldn't