Chapter 6: Armys and Occlumency

Snape's P.O.V.

   The words echoed in my mind. "She is my granddaughter." Alex was Albus' granddaughter... I didn't know what to think of this. Voldemort wanted her, but this changes everything. She has power in her blood. He would stop at nothing. This thought terrified me. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I said through gritted teeth. The old wizard looked troubled.

    "Severus please understand I've never told anyone. I just wanted to keep her safe. I've no idea how Voldemort even found out. I was so careful." He stated.

    "When will you tell her?"

    "Not until it can't possibly be avoided any longer. She has a family Severus. I don't want to tell her everything she's ever known is a lie. Can you imagine?" I could. I knew all to well about living a lie.

    "Fine I will train the girl and Potter."

   "Thank you Serverus I'm afraid I have again asked to much of you." I grunted in response, turned on my heel and exited his office. My heart was pounding. He wanted her. She wasn't safe as long as he lived. I would keep her safe. Even if it meant dying for her. The realization that I cared so much about her hit me hard. As I entered my quarters I got a bottle of fire whiskey from the cabinet. I poured a full glass and drank it quickly then another. I learn to feel again and again Voldemort threatens to take everything away. I threw my glass at the wall. It shattered as I grabbed the bottle and sat on my sofa. He couldn't have her. Not the girl...not the girl I loved.

Alex's P.O.V.

   I didn't get much sleep that night. I couldn't quite wrap my head around the fact that Voldemort was out to get me. What the hell could he want from me?! I lay in my bed awake all night and most of the morning. I heard Marissa get up and I looked at her. "Why are you up so early?" I asked usually she didn't get out of bed on weekends. She looked at me a little disapointedly

   "My date with Blaze remember!" she said. I felt a little bad about forgetting.

   "Oh Marissa I'm sorry just so much has happened in the past week. Do you want help getting ready?" She gave me a warm smile and nodded. I helped her with her hair and make-up then after I got ready putting on very warm clothes seeing as how it was snowing we were leaving Hogwarts. Marissa met up with Blaze and I was left alone to explore. I had plenty of money my vault has been full since I was small. My father said it was inheritance from some distant relative. He never told me who, but I guess I didn't mind much. I had more money in there than I could ever spend. I went to Honeydukes and bought some candy for my stock. I even got a hundred foot candy rope that should last a while. I decided to explore some more. I walked around for a bit until I was at a couple building I had never been in. I heard voices around the corner and recognized one immediately as Draco Malfoy. I didn't want to face the twit after what happened the other day. I rushed into some run down shop and quickly closed the door behind me. When I turned around I was met with three eager faces. Ron Weasley, Heromine Granger, and Harry Potter all stood there staring at me.

   "Alex? Hi.. are you.. yanno.. here for the meeting?" Heromine asked me. Meeting what the hell meeting? I didn't want them to know I was hiding from Draco so I nodded slowly. She turned to Harry. "See I told you even the Slytherins agree! No offense." She said turning back to me. I sat with them in silence as we waited for more people to arrive. I still wanted to know what this meeting was for! An hour later the place was full and they explained what was going on. Apparently the hatred of Umbridge's teachings was school wide. Harry, Ron and Heromine where starting there own DADA club called Dumbledore's Army where Harry would teach us defensive spells. I was more than happy to join giving the latest news I've come by. About an hour later I headed back to the castle and sat on my bed in my room. I tore a piece off my candy rope and ate some of it as I thought about Dumbledore's Army. We needed a place to practice where Umbridge wouldn't find out. I was torn from my thoughts when a third year girl came in my room.