Chapter 10: Old Enemy

Alex's P.O.V.

I layed in bed and stared at the ceiling blankly. It was already noon and I hadn't moved a single inch all day. I was just glad it was Sunday and people were out. I didn't want to talk to anyone. Marissa saw me come in around four this morning, but she just scowled at me. Then when she left she didn't say a word. On any other day it would have killed me inside. But today it just didn't affect me. It was like there was no more room for me to be hurt. I haven't slept or eaten, but I'm not hungry anyway or tired for that matter. I'm just here I guess. I turned over in bed and closed my eyes letting a few tears escape. I never expected it to be possible, but now that I know for sure its not it hurts a lot more.

Monday

Everyone hurried from there beds to get themselves ready for school. When everyone was leaving for breakfast I dragged myself from my bed to the bathroom. I looked at my reflection in the mirror. There were large dark circles under my eyes. From not sleeping for two day. My skin was even paler than usual and that's saying something. I looked horrible. Still couldn't find a reason to care. So I put my hair in a messy bun and pulled on my robes. I went to the common room and into the corridor. When I finally came to the great hall everyone was talking and eating breakfast. I looked for a place to sit alone at the Slytherin table. One seat about midway down didn't have many people around it. I sat down and looked at the food. The thought of eating made me kind of nauseous so I pushed the empty plate in front of me back and laid my arms on the table. I looked for Marissa. She was sitting next to Blaise giggling like a child. I sighed and looked up seeing two pairs of eyes on me. One was Profe- my grandfather and the others belonged to Snape. I looked into his eyes and a wave of fresh pain washed over me. Then I looked to Dumbledore who looked quite concerned and glanced at Snape. I heard a snicker behind me. when I turned Pansy Parkinson was standing there with two of her idiots.

"Aww look guys little Knighty looks sad. What's wrong fall of your broom again?" They laughed and I just turned back around. "Hey! Don't ignore me mudblood!" I continued to look forward. I wasn't in the mood. Then the whispers began again. I pushed them away with everything I had not wanting to hear more.

"Ms. Parkinson I suggest you get to your first lesson before you land yourself with a detention." I shiver ran through me, but I didn't dare turn around. I heard Pansy scurry off. Coward. Then I heard Snape walk away. I got up and began my trip to DADA. I dreaded this. I swear I don't know if I can stand hearing that shriek Umbridge calls a voice....

I walked in the class glancing at Umbridge who was stiring a cup of tea. She looked rather content with herself. She looked at me. "Ms. Knight you are rather early." Merlin her voice sounded like nails on a chalkboard.

"I know." I growled.

"I don't see why. It's not as if you have any respect for this class." She said giving her damn giggle at the end. Students were pilling in now. I looked at her with anger. Oh no.

"Maybe if you could teach and didn't try to fill our heads with rubbish I would." I hissed. Her face was priceless. Shock was all you could see. Students stopped ion there tracks and stared between us gaping.

"DETENTION MS. KNIGHT!" She shrieked. I smirked.

"Looking forward to it." I said walking to my seat. She glared at me for the rest of the class. I really couldn't care less...

Herbolody went by slowly and then it was lunch. I sat and pushed around food on my plate. Then when lunch was over I reluctantly headed to....potions. I felt sick walking to the classroom. when I arrived the class was full besides one empty tablenin the bavk I sat and put my head dow. A minute or so later I heard the door open and Snape walked in. He didn't say a word to us. He just wrote something on the board and sat at his desk. I didn't care to read what he had written. So I just put my head back down and cried silently. Its funny...I never knew how weak I truly was until I fell in love and got my heart broken. I've never really cared for anyone like I have for him. Its really all new to me and it sucks. Snape didn't say anything to me the entire class. I was surprised because I didn't do whatever he had put on the board. The rest of my classes were a blur. Dinner came around and I sat out by the black lake. I decided I wasn't going to go to detention. I mean what's the point? I was headed back to the Slytherin Common room when someone grabbed me by the back of my robes and pulled me.