Chapter 12: Family

Alex's P.O.V.

    Remus and I walked back to the living room where everyone was sitting around chatting happily. It was nice they really did seem like one big happy family. "Ahh Remus Alex you're back good. It's time for a proper introduction." said Mrs. Weasly. This women was the eppitamy of optimism. I liked her though. "Everyone I would like you to meet Alex D- umm well." She looked at me as if asking me if it was okay. I nodded and she smiled brightly. "This is Alex Dumbledore. She will be staying with us over the holiday. She's Dumbledore's granddaughter and he's had business to attend to so she's here." I looked around the room. Almost everyone had nice welcoming smiles except for the people I went to school with they all seemed a bit shocked. I guess that reasonable.

     "Hello." I stated plastering on a warm smile. A man got up. He was wearing black robes and had  long hair, about shouder length. I recognized him immediately.

     "Hello Alex, I'm Sirius. I've heard a lot about you, and Remus you're right she does look like Sophie a lot." Remus gave me a reassuring nudge. I trusted him. So I trusted Sirius. I extended my hand and he took it happily. He almost looked relieved. I think I can understand why. When stories spread about you like they have him I can imagine meeting new people is quite a burden.

    "Hello Sirius." I said.

    "Well come on." He pulled me forward a little until I was directly in front of everyone seated. He gestured toward the tall man I saw earlier. "This is Kingsley Shacklebolt he's an arour and a part of the order along with everyone else here except the kids." Kingsley gave me a warm wave and I returned it. "This is Allester Moody or better known as Mad eye sure you've heard of him especially after last year. Though I don't believe you've met the real one." He chuckled a little. Mad eye grunted at me and nodded. "Yes him and the other one you met are much different. He's way grumpier and annoying to be around." Sirius joked. Moody shot him daggers. "You know Arthur." He looked towards the Weasley's father.

   "Good to meet you Alex. If I've heard correctly you've lived in the muggle world your entire life. I would love to here your view on their culture sometime." He seemed rather quirky.

   "Sure thing." I said.

  "I believe you've met Tonks already." He laughed this time.

  "I guess you could say that." I said glancing at Remus. I was sure I saw him blush a little.

  "Yeah again sorry about before." She reached her hand out.

  "Oh no. No way I'm falling for that again." They all laughed except Remus he seemed a little confused. I turned to him. "When I first met Tonks at King's Cross she went to shake my hand and apparated us here without warning." He chuckled.

   "And you know everyone else so welcome." Said Sirius with a cheery smile. I heard something grumbling nasty things behind me. When I turned to look at it the old house elf beamed at me.

   "Oh no but not dis one. Very pure blood. Very pure blood indeed my mistress would be proud to have this one in our house. And a true Slytherin too." He said giving me a small bow. I stared at him confused.

   "Away with you Kreacher!" Sirius boomed. "Nasty little thing he is. And you can tell from the looks of things he's terrible at his job." I chuckled a little. Woah an actual happy response. Where the hell did that come from? I thought sarcastically to myself.

   "You shouldn't be so mean to him Sirius. He only knows what he's taught." Said Heromine. In all Honesty I never really liked the girl. She seemed to me to be a typical know it all. She really got on my nerves in class, and Snape's too. Oh God.. Snape... Good going Alex.