Chapter 19: I Had My Doubts

Alex's P.O.V.

"I will ask you again. Where has he gone?!" This is the same question I've heard for the past twenty minutes. A very scorned looking Fudge stood in front of me. His face was red and there was a vain popping out in his forehead. I slumped in my chair and looked up at him through my lashes.

"And allow me to tell you again. I. DON'T. KNOW." I said getting very annoyed. How many times could I possibly tell him that?

"I find it very hard to believe your Grandfather would have gone anywhere without letting his granddaughter know Ms. Dumbledore!"

"HAVE YOU MET THE MAN?! HE WENT FIFTEEN YEARS WITHOUT TELLING ME I WAS HIS GRANDDAUGHTER! I DON'T SEE WHY THIS COULDN'T BE A SECRET AS WELL!!!" I screamed.

"Very well. But if I found out you're lying to me the consequences will be severe." I got up from my chair and walked from the room. I was sick of his bullshit. Like I would know where he went! I walked down the corridor about to head to my common room when I heard someone clear their throat. I turned around to see Umbridge with her little grin on.

"Ms. Dumbledore do you mind telling me where it is you're going?" I turned to face her with a murderous look.

"To my common room professor." I said venomously.

"That's Head Mistress to you."

"Since when?" I shot at her.

"Since the last one went on the run." she said with a little giggle.

"Shouldn't that position be left to Professor Mcgonagal?"

"Cornelius saw it a better fit. There will be some changes at Hogwarts. Anyways I have come to find you for detention. All of your other little friends are waiting patiently for your arrival."

"Yes.....Head Master." I followed her to the great hall where desks were set up instead of tables. Everyone was seated with a slip of parchment and a quill on their desk. I took an empty seat next to George and he gave me a sad smile.

"Today you will all be writing some lines for me. On your parchment I want you to write: 'I will not betray the ministry' until I tell you to stop." We all picked up our quills and began. I wasn't halfway through my sentence when my left hand started hurting terribly. I laid my quill down and looked at it. Slowly appearing scratched on my hand were letters. 'I will not b' formed on the top of my hand. The cuts were bleeding. This was a blood quill! She was torturing us for detention. I looked around and everyone seemed to notice the same thing. Blood dripped off the hands of students all around me. Some were crying. I looked up at Umbitch and she gave me a smile. I glared at her. Then began writing again. The pain that spread through my hand was unreal. But I couldn't let her know that. I kept a calm face and continued writing. After about fifteen minutes she let us stop. Everyones hand was pretty bloody, but managable. I got up and started to walk with George. "Oh Ms. Dumbledore." I heard Umbitch shriek. I turned to her. "I don't think the message has quite sunk in for you yet. I would like you to stay and continue writing for a while longer." George looked at me worried but I shook my head as if to say its okay. He walked out and I returned to my desk to continue my writing. My hands began to shake and I had to force myself to write. I was biting my bottom lip so hard it was bleeding as well. It felt like forever I was writing. She never did say stop though. Beads of sweat formed on my forehead, but I didn't allow myself a single tear. Blood was pouring from my hand endlessly there was a puddle on my desk and a lot on my paper. It dripped on the floor where another puddle had also formed. Every time I did another stroke fire shot up my entire arm. I wouldn't give her the satisfaction of knowing that. She seemed a little ticked off that I hadn't broken down. Serves her right. Soon enough I started feeling dizzy. There was so much blood.