Chapter 18: Disappearing Act

Alex's P.O.V.

Severus and I were sitting on the couch together talking. I was cuddled up close to him and he had his arms around me.

"Alex?" he said souding hesitant. Oh no.

"Yes?"

"I want you to continue your relationship with the Weasley boy." I turned to face him shocked at what I'd just heard.

"What?!"

"Just listen. Before you make a decision I want you to try with him. He seems to make you happy. I want you to be sure before we try for anything. "

"But Severus I-"

"This is my condition Alex."

"How do I know this just isn't your way of getting rid of me?" he sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Alex just please understand. I need you to try with him. I don't want you to regret choosing me later in life. I'm much older. I don't know that I can make you happy."

"But I know you can."

"Just do this for me." I put my head down. I was so confused. An hour ago he told me he loved me and now he's telling me he wants me to persue a relationship with someone else. What the hell goes through his mind?! He titled my chin up and looked at me in the eyes before letting his drift to my necklace. I saw what may have been an attempt at a smile play on his lips, but I couldn't tell. He picked up the little snake lightly in his hand and looked at it. "I'm glad you liked it." My jaw nearly dropped to the floor.

"You sent this to me?!"

"Yes. It was my mothers."

"I love it. I haven't taken it off since Christmas. "

"Alex I want you to think of this necklace as a sort of.....promise."

"Of what?"

"Its my promise to you that if you truly try with the Weasley boy and find that your heart is still set on me that I will try my best to give you a proper relationship. Do we have a deal?" I thought about it. I loved George I did, but I could never love him the same way I love Severus. I don't think I could ever love any one else like this.

"If this is the only way you will believe my feelings for you then yes. We have a deal."

"Good. You should go. He will be wondering were you've been."

"I guess you're right." I sighed and got up from the couch. I began to walk toward the wall when I felt Severus's arm wrap and my waist and pull me back to face him.

"Wait before you go." he leaned down and pressed his lips to mine. It started off gentle at first but turned intense fast. He licked my bottom lip and I granted him entrance. His tongue explored my mouth. I took in his taste but all to soon he pulled back. I leaned in again but he stopped me.

"Now you really must go."

"I love you." I breathed leaning my forehead aginst his.

"I love you too." With that I turned and walked through the wall. While walking down the corridor I looked at my watch. Six?! We had been in there for a while. It was Dinner time. I wonder if Sev knew that? I picked up my pace a bit on my way to the great hall. When I walked in everyone was already seated. I got several strange looks. I saw George jump up from his seat and run to me.

"Alex are you okay?! Where have you been?"

"A very long Occlymency lesson." I lied.