Liam : Honeymoon Avenue

I opened the door to our flat without a word as Liam followed closely behind. We just back from our four month anniversary dinner, where he was too busy looking at other girls and texting for us to enjoy.

I couldn’t help but be angry at him, but I tried to suppress it. I heard him let out a sigh before he even said anything letting me know tonight was going to be one of those nights.

"Everything alright?" he said really not caring what my answer was going to be in the first place. I turned around looking up at him "I don’t know" I answered and I watched him roll his eyes honestly breaking my heart.

"What is it now" he said I threw my hands in the air "You know what, don’t worry about it" I said "It’s nothing".

I turned around starting my walk towards our bedroom and I tried to hold myself together. “So you’re not going to tell me?” he said a bit louder trying to catch my attention and I turned around “Do you even care?”

He shoved his hands in the pockets of his trousers “Yea…of cores” he said with such a small voice there was no way he could even believe himself.

I just turned around again and walked down the hall to the bedroom and started taking my jewelry off. I slid the diamond tennis bracelet off my wrist that Liam bought me for my birthday, and I smiled.

I ran my thumb along it remembering how happy I was. It was so weird knowing that wasn’t too long ago, but felt like forever.

Things just changed so fast.

I put the bracelet in my jewelry box and I heard the bedroom door creek open. Liam walked in and I didn’t turn around continuing to remove my jewelry.

"So now you’re ignoring me?" he asked and I rolled my eyes "Doesn’t feel good" I said turning around "Does it?” "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" he asked raising his voice slightly.

"Liam I sat at that dinner table for an hour and a half and you didn’t even speak to me" I said and he shook his head "Not true".

I shut my jewelry box and crossed my arms looking at him “Then tell what did we talk about?” and I watched him look away searching his mind for an answer that would never come.

"That’s what I’m saying Liam! Maybe if you could just pay a little more attention to me we c-" he cut me off "What do you mean more attention I live with for fuck sake".

I couldn’t believe what he was even saying and I didn’t want to argue anymore. “Whatever” I said turning around to face the dresser.

"What so now I’m a lair?" he asked and I could hear him take a step closer to me. "You only sleep here at night then go to off to, god knows where, for the rest of the day!”

I could feel a lump in my throat and my eyes start to tear up. I turned around and let all the air out of my lungs trying to stay calm.

"LOOK I’M TRYING!" he shouted and I backed up pressing my back to the dresser. I felt the tears start to slide down my cheeks and he sighed "Are you crying again?”

I wiped my face with back of my hands and I could feel the anger that I was holding back building up inside me.

"Yes. I’M CRYING! I’M SO SORRY I HAVE EMOTIONS LIAM" I shouted shoving past him towards our closet. "I’m so TIRED OF THIS BULLSHIT" he shouted and I turned around and made sure I made eyes contact with him.

"Leave then" I said calmly and his eyes grew wide.

"What? You don’t even fucking love me anymore anyway, so just fucking LEAVE!" I said balling my fist up as tight as I could. He stood there looking at me with wide eyes and his mouth slightly agape.